GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Thanks! Going for the new one ... another dilemma .. dealer also has a Rabbit with Golf R wheels which I love. Will the 19 inch make the car much more uncomfortable or I should go for it?

I dont think dealers can swap wheels before sale unless otherwise specifically requested by the buyer. Assuming its stock, Rabbits comes with 18" pretorias and R comes with 19" pretorias. They are same exact wheels but different sizes.

gtisport'17

I dont think dealers can swap wheels before sale unless otherwise specifically requested by the buyer. Assuming its stock, Rabbits comes with 18" pretorias and R comes with 19" pretorias. They are same exact wheels but different sizes.

Yes, it's stock. Dealer told me that someone buying a Golf R requested Rabbit's wheels and they swapped them. Seems legit.

aroundomaha

Ready to race!
2018 GTI-S New

2018 GTI-S DSG
MSRP $27,515, MojoMats $235, VW Care $215, First Aid $35, Window Tint $250, Destination Fee $895
Discount $5,845
Price Paid: $23,300

First GTI, but not my first Golf/Rabbit as I also own a 2008 Rabbit base that my kids drive. The GTI pushed a 2017 Camry out of the garage (traded it in).

I've been car shopping for about 10 months and did a lot of drive homework. If anyone is curious for my test drive diary and reviews I'm happy to share it. I was close to buying a used Abarth (love the exhaust), made offers on a Volvo C30 R-Design and 2018 BRZ. The GTI just made sense and I love it!

Photo taken at a Nebraska Region SCCA Solo II event. I didn't race since I'm still in the engine break-in period.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Yes, it's stock. Dealer told me that someone buying a Golf R requested Rabbit's wheels and they swapped them. Seems legit.

If I was looking at the Rabbit personally I'd be a bit miffed by that. 19" wheels tend to cost more to replace the tires. I'm sure there's other trade-offs as well. If going with the Rabbit (which I can endorse, but I'm biased ;) ) I would personally request they get new Rabbit wheels ordered and installed as part of the deal. I'm sure they could unload the R wheels one way or another without too much difficulty. Maybe use it as a chance to see if you can get a deal on a set of better tires since they'll need rubber with them anyway.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
2019 Rabbit DSG

MSRP - $31,375, Discount - $6,875, Sale Price - 24,500, Dealer fee - 699

Total - $25,199 + Tax n Tag

Wish I could've gotten that low on mine. Seems dealers out here are starting to squabble about their Rabbit allocations. Several will swap any car on the lot except those, and seems some are trying to get them traded over when the sales managers aren't working.

I think my local one might've lost their second Cornflower in such a swap, manager wasn't happy when I was in and asked if they'd sold it sitting on a trailer. He was trying to undo the swap.

Renck

Ready to race!
2018 GTI-S DSG
MSRP $27,515, MojoMats $235, VW Care $215, First Aid $35, Window Tint $250, Destination Fee $895
Discount $5,845
Price Paid: $23,300

First GTI, but not my first Golf/Rabbit as I also own a 2008 Rabbit base that my kids drive. The GTI pushed a 2017 Camry out of the garage (traded it in).

I've been car shopping for about 10 months and did a lot of drive homework. If anyone is curious for my test drive diary and reviews I'm happy to share it. I was close to buying a used Abarth (love the exhaust), made offers on a Volvo C30 R-Design and 2018 BRZ. The GTI just made sense and I love it!

Photo taken at a Nebraska Region SCCA Solo II event. I didn't race since I'm still in the engine break-in period.

Nicely done.......congrats!

timmytva

Passed Driver's Ed
2019 Rabbit DSG

MSRP - $31,375, Discount - $6,875, Sale Price - 24,500, Dealer fee - 699

Total - $25,199 + Tax n Tag

Yeah, that's a good deal. Pull the trigger. I got very similar in late May for a 6MT Rabbit. Two weeks later prices were up across the board at all DC area dealers.

Tim

gtisport'17

If I was looking at the Rabbit personally I'd be a bit miffed by that. 19" wheels tend to cost more to replace the tires. I'm sure there's other trade-offs as well. If going with the Rabbit (which I can endorse, but I'm biased ;) ) I would personally request they get new Rabbit wheels ordered and installed as part of the deal. I'm sure they could unload the R wheels one way or another without too much difficulty. Maybe use it as a chance to see if you can get a deal on a set of better tires since they'll need rubber with them anyway.

Thanks. Figured 19s are not a great option. Dealer had another Rabbit with the 18s, I went with that.

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
What's up with used car prices on the 16/17's? I looked a year or two ago and new S models could be had for 18K and sports 21-23K. Now the same cars used are still that much with 30k miles.