GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Carbon Steel Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

benmarsden

Saw your pictures on the subreddit, absolutely in love with the pretorias! What suspension are you running? Looks spot on. Very clean car, would love to run with no front plate but there are about 5 holes in the front bumper :(

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Saw your pictures on the subreddit, absolutely in love with the pretorias! What suspension are you running? Looks spot on. Very clean car, would love to run with no front plate but there are about 5 holes in the front bumper :(

Thanks!! I'm running RacingLine (VWR) sport springs and dampers. Coupled with Michelin PS4S, they handled the mountain roads perfectly - I was astounded with how the car performed near and at the limit.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Forgot to post this stunning shot by my talented friend @LRodriguez_Media - please check him out on Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/lrodriguez_media

And yes, crossing the line is a bad move. We were apprehensive to do it, but we coordinated via walkie talkie and waited for a long clear stretch ahead. It was a quiet day with the weather, luckily, and we got the shot in less than 10 seconds before falling back into the lane.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
After a nice few days of driving.... filthy.

"Wash me. Oh yeah, and wax me."

Funny thing is, I've got no after pictures.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
That's a bit better.

Last edited:

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
It’s not for everyone, but I’m digging the look these days. Need to get that Oettinger rear roof spoiler installed soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vobs56

Ready to race!
Thoughts on which color VW emblems to go with? Currently have carbon fiber ones, which don't particularly match the carbon fiber mirrors, eyelids and spoiler. Thinking of going with either matte black with the red outline, matte black, gloss black, or back to the stock chrome ones.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
How do you guys fair when it comes to front end stone chips on this colour? Particularly the first 4-5 inches of the hood and the area where the wings flare at the front of the wheel arch? Mine was certified used at 27000 when I bought it (37000 now) and has quite a few from the previous owner!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
How do you guys fair when it comes to front end stone chips on this colour? Particularly the first 4-5 inches of the hood and the area where the wings flare at the front of the wheel arch? Mine was certified used at 27000 when I bought it (37000 now) and has quite a few from the previous owner!

I have quite a few.
Easy to spot since a lot of them seem to get through most of the paint.
I just have one of the OEM paint pens that I'll take to the car like every 6 months or so.