GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My A3 vs a 630whp 04 Cobra.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
I'm not really familiar with how the AWD cars are setup for slicks but don't they only use slicks for the front?

I’ve been researching it, so far have only bought the wheels. Did see a 9sec RS3 with slicks in front and DR’s in rear.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I’ve been researching it, so far have only bought the wheels. Did see a 9sec RS3 with slicks in front and DR’s in rear.

When doing a burnout with haldex switch I'd think only the fronts would warm up so I'd think only fronts would be needed.

Makes sense. At this power level I wonder if DRs all around wouldn't be more than enough. I think the DSG tune is the limitation here.

Yeah could be. I've seen some insane 60s with just super sticky DOT tires on AWD with UM tcu tune.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
My tires hooked up decent when they were brand new. Now launching medium power 1st at only 4.5 it’s spinning pretty decent.

One thing to consider is things like Evos can’t even burn out at all and they are cutting crazy 60’s on slicks.

Jegs has a good deal for 4 M&H 26x8.5x17 for like $797 shipped. Just looking for a track tire I can launch really hard on full power and know I’ll hook. Slicks are also easier on the drivetrain than a drag radial.

Just wish I could find more info, would be cheaper to run slicks up front, and have 26” street tires in the rear.

Last edited:

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Noticed that R that ran 9.5 was 26” M&H slicks upfront and then 26” M&H radials in the rear. Seems like all are running slicks front and drag radials rear. That combo is on sale at Jegs right now for $720 shipped.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I think you know what must needs done. Engage. Just scheduled my NT-05s to go on so I can have traction....in 3rd :(
Your still gonna spin.......a little

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
I’ll probably order that setup in the morning. Just tired of traction at the strip, my 0-60 is around half a second slower at the dragstrip vs street.

Order the NT05’s or the NT05R’s?.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Your still gonna spin.......a little

Thanks Debbie Downer.

I’ll probably order that setup in the morning. Just tired of traction at the strip, my 0-60 is around half a second slower at the dragstrip vs street.

Order the NT05’s or the NT05R’s?.

Regular NT05s. I gotta drive 44 miles highway each day. Ain't doing that on DRs. Gonna see how I like em.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
sounds like my local track

When my closest 1/4 opened this year first day I went on 225 Federal 595’s before I got my tunes for different power levels in 1st...First pass I spun to redline on launch, Which caused it to over rev to 7.2k and put the car in protection mode until I let out. Went home after that run. Lol

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks Debbie Downer.

Regular NT05s. I gotta drive 44 miles highway each day. Ain't doing that on DRs. Gonna see how I like em.

I know what you mean. Back when I had the Federal 595RS-RR and used to DD my car I was putting 744 miles on them a week. They lasted no time at all.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Thanks Debbie Downer.

Lol not trying to be, your gearing is lower than mine was and I would spin the nt555r a little, but either way you will be much better off.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Wheels and tires purchased. If anyone’s looking, Jegs has a good sale going on, saved $245 on 4 tires.