GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stg 2 GTI vs Newer Charger RT unknown mods

Anchorjaw

Passed Driver's Ed
So this past weekend I was driving down the highway going about 80 when this Charger RT with a loud exhaust blows past me going about 100. He slowed down up ahead til I caught up and then lined up next to me and started pumping his throttle looking to run so we slowed down to about 65 and he honked it out. He got the jump on me by about a half a car then I ended up coming around and leading him by a full car until I let off at 125. Then he lined up again but didn't honk it out and just took off and I just let him go. This was my first run in the wild and I must say it felt real good to take down a V8. My girlfriend wasn't too happy to be part of it but I'd say it was worth every second of getting chewed out by her :D lol.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Surprised it was only a car length. I can just about stay even with Chargers and I'm just stage 1 Golf.

Today, put about 5 cars on a wrx from about 20-120. Could have been more. Just estimating.

You sure it wasn't a scat pack or 392? Regular rt is not that fast.

Litespeedgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
You just never know how strong a Mopar can perform. There are so many different types of engine badges and some are de badged and running Stealth. We have TONS of them around. I just hang back and have fun watching the show.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Surprised it was only a car length. I can just about stay even with Chargers and I'm just stage 1 Golf.

Today, put about 5 cars on a wrx from about 20-120. Could have been more. Just estimating.

I’ve ran a 2018 392 Scat Challenger a few times from a 20-120 roll and it’s very close. I was able to edge him out both pulls, but they run mid 12s and trap 111-113ish at the track which is a far cry from a regular RT as you said. RTs only run high 13s or low 14s at like 105 if they’re lucky lol

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Yeah idk about the Dodges lol. I ran a older SRT 6.1 challenger back in the day with my fbo Cobb MS3, pulled couple cars. Ran a “RT” newer Charger on my current setup month ago, and I only got him by a car lol. This is same setup that takes a shit on modded Subaru rex/sti, 370z, tuned Fost etc. so I have no clue.

Juggar

Ready to race!

There are so many models and different engines its hard to know what the deal is with chargers.

V8 chargers between 06-10 had 340-425 HP.

V8 chargers between 11-present have between 370-485 (excluding hellcat).

Even some V6 models have AWD and 300 HP.

I know my previous 2015 Jetta 1.8t with a stage 1 APR tune was fast in the mid range but past around 125 MPH or so it just petered out power wise. I imagine any V8 charger would beat a stage 1 1.8T soon as you hit around 120.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
The scat pack chargers/challenger 392s are pretty quick

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Had to be a FBO and maybe tune R/T or a stock 392. I've run both with my is20, jb4 and downpipe sportwagen on e30. Took off from a Challenger T/A 5.7 no problem and ran door to door with a SRT8 392 8spd Charger and also a SRT8 Challenger with same set up.