Car Rally Drivers Arrested

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Ahahahahaha....

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
100 cars driving 155mph on the unrestricted Autobahn?
On a driver test this would be “driving with the flow of traffic”.
In Nashville 100 cars close together on the interstate is a traffic jam.
How can on arrest 100 people? What proof do they have that all 100 are driving excessively?

Guilt by association. Maybe Germany has different laws.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
100 cars driving 155mph on the unrestricted Autobahn?
On a driver test this would be “driving with the flow of traffic”.
In Nashville 100 cars close together on the interstate is a traffic jam.
How can on arrest 100 people? What proof do they have that all 100 are driving excessively?

Guilt by association. Maybe Germany has different laws.

I think the article mentions that they were racing, this is not taken lightly in Germany, yes you can drive as fast as you wish on unrestricted autobahn but there are procedures and rules to follow, Many do not know that even on the Nordschleife you are not permitted to race, and must adhere to the same autobahn rules unless it is a track day, (the Nordschleife is a de-restricted toll road), there is even a speed limited section.

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
100 car race is impressive.
If in fact they were racing agree with the arrest.
Stupid on the racing group. They could have just had time trials and ran in small groups.
Not as obvious and could still run the 155. Any video on this? To notice this the group had to have been running in a bunch, close together.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
100 car race is impressive.
If in fact they were racing agree with the arrest.
Stupid on the racing group. They could have just had time trials and ran in small groups.
Not as obvious and could still run the 155. Any video on this? To notice this the group had to have been running in a bunch, close together.

Rich people don't like to follow the rules.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Same thing happens in the US, even just organized cruises to shows.

I’ve taken part in a rally that stretched from Michigan to OC MD (met them in Pittsburgh, PA). At one point we had 80+ Volkswagens in our group which is a massive bunch of modded cars and obviously that’ll attract some attention

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

I’ve taken part in a rally that stretched from Michigan to OC MD (met them in Pittsburgh, PA). At one point we had 80+ Volkswagens in our group which is a massive bunch of modded cars and obviously that’ll attract some attention

I have been on several drives to Alabama late at night (not a cruise just traveling) and joined up with other travelers going same direction. Not planned but at times it felt like a race or at least a train making good time.
Likely a form of racing as a state trooper educated me about later Nice guy but I did not know leaving a light by oneself at a higher than normal rate was considered racing. Ticket was not for racing but the high speed of 62 on a 4 lane divided highway in the country with a 55 mph speed limit.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I have been on several drives to Alabama late at night (not a cruise just traveling) and joined up with other travelers going same direction. Not planned but at times it felt like a race or at least a train making good time.
Likely a form of racing as a state trooper educated me about later Nice guy but I did not know leaving a light by oneself at a higher than normal rate was considered racing. Ticket was not for racing but the high speed of 62 on a 4 lane divided highway in the country with a 55 mph speed limit.

They called it reckless driving in PA when I lived there. Some states now call it careless driving. Must be the new PC term.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Oh crap. I went to H2O one year with 10 other Passats and we had a MD cop pace us and then go up the line to check our tint

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The start of the downfall of H2O international, I blame the drunktard Cort133, with his imported S3.

H2oi slowly slipped into what’s now a full blown shit show after that. I was there for “The Supra Stair Climb”, the Porsche accident, ect and finally stopped going after 2014

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
There is a Toyota Hilux Diesel in that picture. Is that thing really going to be doing 100 mph on the Autobahn?

It doesn’t say anyone was doing 100mph, it states cars were travelling up to 155mph, however, I used to own a hilux and it was capable of 125mph with relative ease,

What the article talks about is racing, but they don’t mean racing in the usual sense against each other, they are talking about racing between two points, this is why the loophole term rally comes into play, which usually requires you to be at a given point by a given time, not first.