GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back at the 1/8 hunting a 6 sec pass

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
https://youtu.be/-nQ0W1U2Kc0

First two runs were full power, second two were medium power in 1st. Before I turned it down I was thinking I’d be stuck running 7.20’s all day again as last time I was there I ran 3-4 7.20’s in a row. IHX475 on 30psi E85/MPI and stripped interior with a Kirkey. Federal ST-1’s in 245/35/18.

Test and tuned was rained out Fri, so I entered Trophy street and went faster than my 7.05 dial in and lost in the 1st round.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Thought there was something wonky with your dsg tune. Then realized you were just spinning and when you went to right lane, you had much better traction

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
awesome

that stang run would be just like if we ran. pedal pedal pedal spin. damn ?

lol

Thought there was something wonky with your dsg tune. Then realized you were just spinning and when you went to right lane, you had much better traction
Yeah. Also turned the power in 1st down after the first two runs.

congrats on being miles ahead of everyone else there
Unfortunately the fastest thing I raced was just a 2V Mustang. Most were in the footbrake class. I’ll have to go next test and tune to get some better runs. Car did get a lot of attention though. DA was around 3k.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Dude you are flying!! Very nice times. Are you running an aftermarket controller?

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Gotcha. Your saying top end doesn't feel impressive. Is it due to turbo running out of breath or not enough fuel. Your 1/8th is seriously impressive so I'd think itd translate to the 1/4.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
its the gtiesque long dsg gearing that makes it feel slow up top. its not slow i promise.

Yeah when I'm going down the 1/4 car doesn't feel super fast. Very deceiving.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Which DSG tune, and what rpm do you launch at?

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
ED Stage 3. Around 4.5-4.7k for the 7.09, and around 5-5.2k on the 6.96.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah my GTI felt light years faster than my A3.

Then dragy told me I trapped 127 on just 29psi and like 5* of timing on 94 octane fuel with stock catback and stock intake....it's quick. Just doesn't feel like it.