GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Marketplace > Private Classifieds - Buy, Sell and Trade > Cars for Sale

Old 01-08-2019, 05:36 PM   #1
Arctic Silver

Drives: B8 S4, MK7 GTI, Explorer Sport
FS: 2015 Audi S3 - APR Stage 2 in Indianapolis, IN

SOLD!
2015 Audi S3 - 6AT DSG, Daytona Grey Pearl, Black w/Magma, APR Stage 2 ECU/TCU, APR Stage 2 Intake, CTS Downpipe, Unitronic Intercooler, Neuspeed High-Flo Turbo Discharge Conversion, OEM Res Delete, H&R Sport Springs, ECS 10/15 Spacers
2018 Honda Odyssey Elite - 10AT, White Diamond Pearl
2017 Honda CR-V EX - CVT, Modern Steel Metallic, Hondata Tuned

Last edited by Arctic Silver; 02-23-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Arctic Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:24 PM   #2
MadMen

Drives: 2015 S3 DSG
Very nice. Good luck with the sale.

CPO on a tuned car though?
Old 01-08-2019, 09:37 PM   #3
Arctic Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMen View Post
Very nice. Good luck with the sale.

CPO on a tuned car though?
Thanks. I bought the car CPO last year and it was stock. No TD1 flags, so you could always remove the go fast parts and tune if you had a concern that warranted it. It's similar to mods on a new car, it all depends on dealer and the situation that arises.
2015 Audi S3 - 6AT DSG, Daytona Grey Pearl, Black w/Magma, APR Stage 2 ECU/TCU, APR Stage 2 Intake, CTS Downpipe, Unitronic Intercooler, Neuspeed High-Flo Turbo Discharge Conversion, OEM Res Delete, H&R Sport Springs, ECS 10/15 Spacers
Old 02-05-2019, 02:39 AM   #4
Arctic Silver

Bump
Old 02-11-2019, 11:58 PM   #5
The Fed

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Silver View Post
Thanks. I bought the car CPO last year and it was stock. No TD1 flags, so you could always remove the go fast parts and tune if you had a concern that warranted it. It's similar to mods on a new car, it all depends on dealer and the situation that arises.
LOL, like removing a tune keeps the warranty.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:24 PM   #6
GhostGTI

Drives: MK7 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
This, plus these "APR friendly" dealers have little to no effect on VW Group of America who actually approves/pays for the warranty work.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:44 AM   #7
Arctic Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
The question was about a tuning a CPO car. The car has not been TD1 flagged, nor to the dealership since the performance parts which have been on less than 3K miles. The car still holds a CPO warranty and the mods can be removed easy enough if there is concern about the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostGTI View Post
This, plus these "APR friendly" dealers have little to no effect on VW Group of America who actually approves/pays for the warranty work.
Not sure when I said my dealer was APR friendly. The car still holds a warranty which is all that was expressed in the listing. If you would like to buy it stock, I would be more than happy to remove all the performance parts and have my APR dealer flash to the stock map.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #8
snobrdrdan

Drives: no VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
^^^
I think their point is that since it's been flashed, the damage has been done & the drive train part of the warranty is pretty much void.
Even if you flash it back to stock, the counter will still show it's been tuned

Nice car though
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #9
GhostGTI

Drives: MK7 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Silver View Post
The question was about a tuning a CPO car. The car has not been TD1 flagged, nor to the dealership since the performance parts which have been on less than 3K miles. The car still holds a CPO warranty and the mods can be removed easy enough if there is concern about the warranty.

Not sure when I said my dealer was APR friendly. The car still holds a warranty which is all that was expressed in the listing. If you would like to buy it stock, I would be more than happy to remove all the performance parts and have my APR dealer flash to the stock map.
I don't think it's too far off to suggest that any dealer offering APR tunes to their customers would be considered friendly towards/endorsing/supporting of APR; otherwise, the dealer wouldn't offer it.

In the end, the flash count is all that VW America cares about, not who re-flashed the car or if it is currently in stock configuration.

Beautiful car! GLWS
Old 03-14-2019, 11:15 PM   #10
Only1Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
^^^
I think their point is that since it's been flashed, the damage has been done & the drive train part of the warranty is pretty much void.
Even if you flash it back to stock, the counter will still show it's been tuned

Nice car though
It doesn't quite work this way. The dealer sometimes flashes the ECU themselves for various reasons and that updates the counter. My friend is a VW master tech and he said that if a car comes in with a stock tune, they have very little to go on to tell if it was ever flashed. And the flash counter is not proof as a prior dealer may have flashed a car due to an update or whatever.

From real world experience, I had a Passat TDI and it was flashed by my dealer twice with updates prior to the whole TDI scandal. How would they prove that the flash counter meant I modded the car if it came back with a stock tune? They can't. I could have put a Revo tune on the car and taken it off if I went in and there would be nothing they could say or do to void my warranty.

I didn't do that of course. But I could have.
Only1Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:31 AM   #11
snobrdrdan

Drives: no VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1Z View Post
It doesn't quite work this way. The dealer sometimes flashes the ECU themselves for various reasons and that updates the counter. My friend is a VW master tech and he said that if a car comes in with a stock tune, they have very little to go on to tell if it was ever flashed. And the flash counter is not proof as a prior dealer may have flashed a car due to an update or whatever.

From real world experience, I had a Passat TDI and it was flashed by my dealer twice with updates prior to the whole TDI scandal. How would they prove that the flash counter meant I modded the car if it came back with a stock tune? They can't. I could have put a Revo tune on the car and taken it off if I went in and there would be nothing they could say or do to void my warranty.

I didn't do that of course. But I could have.
So you think the whole TD1 thing is fake news?

And if they "found" the tune, you'd just claim a dealer must have updated/flashed it and you didn't do it?

The "stock" tunes from the aftermarket tuners aren't 100% like the OEM file anyways.
Plus if a dealer did reflash it at one point, there'd be a paper trail/documentation showing that to validate everything.

There's more to it than the counter, but that was an example
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote