GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replaced the Englishtown Wheels

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Wow, that is cheap. I had to replace a curbed one and it was like $650 a pop. My car was only a few months old at the time so got a new tire for it too ($900-950 total at the end with mount/balance). Yikes but I'm happy I replaced it and have a spare in the basement. I love my Pretoria's.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Huh, is your car lowered? Looks good with those sizes.

On my car I thought she would look lifted with that width and offset (I use to run 19x8.5 ET47's on my lowered MK7 GTI which looked fantastic) so went with the 19x8 ET45's.

I wonder if the 18's are slightly lower than 17's ride height?

Stock suspension.

I would order the Pretoria's on a 2019 without a thought, especially for only $235.

Yeah, that would be a no brainer.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Nice, on my Golf-R, I am fairly certain my car would look lifted with 8.5” width at ET47 on the front as I’ve seen others with ET45 with that width at stock height and I didn’t not like it.

Your car turned out real nice. Very clean.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I would order the Pretoria's on a 2019 without a thought, especially for only $235.

What! $235 for each wheel?! From VW?! Where did you see this. I'll buy Prets for my GTI today if I can get them for a steal like that.

Varinn

Passed Driver's Ed
What! $235 for each wheel?! From VW?! Where did you see this. I'll buy Prets for my GTI today if I can get them for a steal like that.

I think hat's the one time cost to "upgrade" the stock 2019 englishtown wheels to pretorias when you buy the car. I think it's a single charge not 4x

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Nice, on my Golf-R, I am fairly certain my car would look lifted with 8.5” width at ET47 on the front as I’ve seen others with ET45 with that width at stock height and I didn’t not like it.

Your car turned out real nice. Very clean.

Why would it look lifted?

All things being equal a 19x8 vs a 19x8.5 shouldn’t have any impact on ride height or the perception of height.

The only difference the 0.5” width and offset should effect is how flush the wheels sit. Or else I’m missing something....

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
The wheel gap gets pronounced exponentially as the sidewall closes up on the wheel arch giving a perception that the car is lifted. On your car it did not, so you’re fine.

13mm added width is pretty significant considering the 8” width Pretoria’s appear fairly flush when looking at the car from the rear diagonally. To me your wheels look like a good fit similar to my HyperGT’s which are 8” width wheels with 5mm less offset than the Pretoria’s.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
The wheel gap gets pronounced exponentially as the sidewall closes up on the wheel arch giving a perception that the car is lifted. On your car it did not, so you’re fine.

13mm added width is pretty significant considering the 8” width Pretoria’s appear fairly flush when looking at the car from the rear diagonally. To me your wheels look like a good fit similar to my HyperGT’s which are 8” width wheels with 5mm less offset than the Pretoria’s.

I fretted over 8 vs 8.5 and am really happy I went with the slightly wider wheel. 8" is kinda narrow for the 235.

The wheel was stamped 8.5 :p

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Those OZ wheels look perfect on your car! Congrats! I can't wait to get my new wheels on.. just waiting for warmer weather without threats of snow/salt everywhere.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I fretted over 8 vs 8.5 and am really happy I went with the slightly wider wheel. 8" is kinda narrow for the 235.

The wheel was stamped 8.5 :p

Good to hear you got what you ordered..!

8" is perfectly fine for 235 especially if running Continental tires as the sidewalls are round and they don't offer much (if at all) rim protection. Put them on 8.5" and the sidewall appear too stretched. One will want to run wider shoulder tires like Bridgestone S04's and the like if 235's on 8.5".

Both my WRX and STI run 245's on 8.5".

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Those OZ wheels look perfect on your car! Congrats! I can't wait to get my new wheels on.. just waiting for warmer weather without threats of snow/salt everywhere.

Unless you get polished lip wheels, anodized, or brushed with clearcoat, you're fine running aftermarket wheels in salt. I do it all the time, no issue.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Good to hear you got what you ordered..!

8" is perfectly fine for 235 especially if running Continental tires as the sidewalls are round and they don't offer much (if at all) rim protection. Put them on 8.5" and the sidewall appear too stretched. One will want to run wider shoulder tires like Bridgestone S04's and the like if 235's on 8.5".

Both my WRX and STI run 245's on 8.5".

I was worried they would look stretched, but they don’t. As soon as the OE tires wear out I’m going to switch to PSS.

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Unless you get polished lip wheels, anodized, or brushed with clearcoat, you're fine running aftermarket wheels in salt. I do it all the time, no issue.

You might be correct there, but the high performance summer tires that are mounted won't like the freezing temps and little bit of snow. ;)