GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

Navi

Autocross Champion
Those reverse logic jack pucks are great. It's a little thing, but so helpful.

Yeah I got it thanks to your thread. I didn't even know they existed. After seeing it, I had to have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navi

Autocross Champion
Well to continue this build. I can finally see out the rear:

Time to change some suspension things. Adding the superpro front control arms, front sway bar and their rear sway bar. Removing the Emmanuel Designs rear bar. Quality piece but I wanted everything to match. And I'm really happy with superpro's customer service, quality and warranty. They definitely go above and beyond. I would recommend them over anyone elses sway bars or end links.

Got the subframe hanging like a tarantula lol. It sucked doing this install. That Jack is faithful but doesn't have much rise. So being under the car with the subframe lowered left practically no room. I was going to quit and do it in Brooklyn where I have a better jack and jack stands but I already had so much dismantled j figured I would fight through it. And it was a fight. Worth it in the end.

Um wtf. I went to install the upper 034 insert and the lower one wouldn't come out. I knew what that meant. By time I pryed it out with three screwdrivers, my suspicions were confirmed. Bent to hell. Let's see how 034 handles this. I remember reading this is a common problem and they have been helping people our. Fingers crossed.

Finished:

Rear trailing arms with superpro bushings. Big difference in handling and feedback!

Rear sway bar switcheroo.

I got that good good lube

That's the updates for now. I'll have the VWR oil cooler going in soon but with some secret modifications to it :)

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Well to continue this build. I can finally see out the rear:

Time to change some suspension things. Adding the superpro front control arms, front sway bar and their rear sway bar. Removing the Emmanuel Designs rear bar. Quality piece but I wanted everything to match. And I'm really happy with superpro's customer service, quality and warranty. They definitely go above and beyond. I would recommend them over anyone elses sway bars or end links.

Got the subframe hanging like a tarantula lol. It sucked doing this install. That Jack is faithful but doesn't have much rise. So being under the car with the subframe lowered left practically no room. I was going to quit and do it in Brooklyn where I have a better jack and jack stands but I already had so much dismantled j figured I would fight through it. And it was a fight. Worth it in the end.

Um wtf. I went to install the upper 034 insert and the lower one wouldn't come out. I knew what that meant. By time I pryed it out with three screwdrivers, my suspicions were confirmed. Bent to hell. Let's see how 034 handles this. I remember reading this is a common problem and they have been helping people our. Fingers crossed.

Finished:

Rear trailing arms with superpro bushings. Big difference in handling and feedback!

Rear sway bar switcheroo.

I got that good good lube

That's the updates for now. I'll have the VWR oil cooler going in soon but with some secret modifications to it :)

Nice work! I have the SuperPro Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks and want to add the Front Sway Bar and End Links at some point. Not sure about the LCA's but I always have my eye out for a sale.

Navi

Autocross Champion
dropping the subframe was a pain in the ass. But it was worth it. Front sway bar made a significant difference. SuperPro has dropped the pricing on the control arms to 600. They used to be 900. So they aren't so crazy expensive anymore. I mean still expensive for car mods, but relative to what they used to be, not so heavy on the wallet.

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
This has been a joy to read. You’ve done a great job cataloging everything and I’m sure this thread will inspire and help many of us along our own journeys. Looking forward to more updates!

Knight Rider

Passed Driver's Ed
What an awesome (and inspiring) thread!! All the work and sweat was definitely worth it. Congratulations on your badass ride [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
Any regrets on the hyperblack RSE10s? I’m about to pull the trigger on a pair for my CSG GTI, and I keep going back and forth between hyper black and satin gunmetal... love hyperblack, to be honest I’m just worried I won’t keep them clean enough to do them justice.

Navi

Autocross Champion
What an awesome (and inspiring) thread!! All the work and sweat was definitely worth it. Congratulations on your badass ride [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliments. Been a long road.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Any regrets on the hyperblack RSE10s? I’m about to pull the trigger on a pair for my CSG GTI, and I keep going back and forth between hyper black and satin gunmetal... love hyperblack, to be honest I’m just worried I won’t keep them clean enough to do them justice.

No regrets. I love them. I was initially going to go with a different color as well but glad I didn't. The hyperblack finish definitely adds a little more of a premium feel/look.

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
No regrets. I love them. I was initially going to go with a different color as well but glad I didn't. The hyperblack finish definitely adds a little more of a premium feel/look.

I had all but convinced myself to go gunmetal in the time between my post and your response... now I’m torn again! Thanks for the feedback, it’s appreciated. Amazing how much consternation can go into a silly decision!

Navi

Autocross Champion
CSG is a weird color for wheels.. I feel like my favorite wheel colors: black, bronze, gunmetal all don't look that great on it. Did you do a search and see? Seems like lighter color wheels look better..

actually my friend has CSG with gunmetal summer wheels and bronze winter wheels. Take a look at his thread and it looks pretty nice. Guess it depends not only on the wheel color but the design as well. I find CSG the hardest to pick wheels for tho. I actually initially wrapped it just so I could use the wheels I wanted lol. Anyways check this thread:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31667