GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bay Area, Cheap Place to Install Lowering Springs

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
So I called a few places in the peninsula and all the shops wants to charge $600 to install lowering springs. That seems crazy to me as the springs themselves only cost $300. I don't know if its just bay area pricing but I've have had springs installed for $300 else where in the country. Anyone know of a place that will not charge an arm and a leg?

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
If you're on facebook, join Norcal VW Drivers Club. Some of the members could easily help you out, and much cheaper than that.

pieguy

Ready to race!
You can ask Neil Campos or Joseph Zetro who do side work sometimes. Last I heard though they're both on break.

tnthlttr

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ve been only getting quotes for $800 so youre doing better than me lol. After watching shopdap’s video I feel kind of confident to tackle it myself, but just need the space and tools.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
I’ve been only getting quotes for $800 so youre doing better than me lol. After watching shopdap’s video I feel kind of confident to tackle it myself, but just need the space and tools.

FYI, the videos make it look way easier than it is. There are definitely tricks involved, and it can take a LONG time, particularly with the front...but even the rear can be a pain too. You can definitely do it, but just an FYI, especially if you haven't done suspensions on Golfs before. I went in the first time thinking I'd be done in 5 to 6 hours, and ended up taking me the weekend. (breaks involved but still)

Anyway, check this out. Hopefully it saves you time and agony!

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22788

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I will second recommended NorCal VW Drivers Club group, great people lots a capable individuals who can do this for you.

Also join and come on drives with us, we won’t bite :)

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Thank you guys for all the great advice!

Imperialgrunt

Anyone know of a place that will not charge an arm and a leg?

I'm in need of a shop that will install some coilovers for me, did you have any luck finding anyone?

The few shops I tried here in the 209 are quoted me $350-600 to install them....I thought coilovers are easier to install than springs ?

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So I called a few places in the peninsula and all the shops wants to charge $600 to install lowering springs. That seems crazy to me as the springs themselves only cost $300. I don't know if its just bay area pricing but I've have had springs installed for $300 else where in the country. Anyone know of a place that will not charge an arm and a leg?

Yup $600 in the bay area is about right and is actually on the lower end if going to a professional shop. Try giving Ed Susman at EQ Tuning in Fairfield a call. He quoted me a good price.

Neil Campos is excellent and affordable but from what I hear he no longer works out of his garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
If you're on facebook, join Norcal VW Drivers Club. Some of the members could easily help you out, and much cheaper than that.

You can ask Neil Campos or Joseph Zetro who do side work sometimes. Last I heard though they're both on break.

I second this. I've had quality work done by both Joseph Zetro and Neil Campos from that group. They may be taking a break but other members such as David Aguilar and Tim Nieh can do the work as well.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Thought I would give an update. Went with Elite Performance. Shop out of Burlingame. Recommended by a co-worker. $550 for the install including an alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk