GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I'd be curious in the results as well, but is there anything keeping you from doing a DP?

CA Smog laws have never stopped me. Keep your OEM Downpipe, and when your 6 years from new is up and you need to get smogged, swap parts and tune, get smog, swap back for another 2 years.

Don't get pulled over doing anything stupid in the middle of all that, and you're fine.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I'd be curious in the results as well, but is there anything keeping you from doing a DP?

California fun times... Although now we get 8 years until first inspection for new cars, so its not really a big deal for MQB's.

-- Ed

GhostGTI2

Ready to race!
California fun times... Although now we get 8 years until first inspection for new cars, so its not really a big deal for MQB's.

-- Ed

Ahh, damn... always forget about that. At least the first 8 years get a pass.

stoked_on_spool

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh I would be REALLY excited to see how things go with a stock DP. I'm in San Diego and have been really on the fence about going DP or not and have leaned more towards not unless/until COBB or others supply a CARB legal setup. Talks with COBB said that they've submitted a DP for CARB cert, but zero idea as to the time frame remaining to getting an answer.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Oh I would be REALLY excited to see how things go with a stock DP. I'm in San Diego and have been really on the fence about going DP or not and have leaned more towards not unless/until COBB or others supply a CARB legal setup. Talks with COBB said that they've submitted a DP for CARB cert, but zero idea as to the time frame remaining to getting an answer.

I would be very surprised if they get CARB approval for a downpipe... it would be a first for the industry.

-- Ed

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
any of the downpipes without a big logo on them, such as Neuspeed or GTI Jake, are not obvious at all even with hood popped that they are not stock especially as they get dirty and age a bit. if were me I'd just get one of the two above and lightly spray the part under the car with flat black exhaust paint and no cop ever will ever know. I'd bet $ that if you even took to an average smog shop that if the rest of your car looked stock they wouldn't even know your downpipe was not oem

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
RE: CARB legal Downpipes, Not sure it's possible. Just the fact that you removed or changed a federal emissions component pretty much eliminates that chance.

They'd also have to offer the same warranty on the catalyst which is 10/100k I think? That's mandated as well.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

mars2

Ready to race!
Buy a second hand OEM down pipe gut the inside.
Then you have an OEM look down pipe with performance of a after market down pipe.. for inspection you put back the oem one with cat.

Two,tuner in europe have made proof multiple time that KATMOD ( oem gutted down pipe) make exactly same power has Milltek down pipe on Dyno.
I run with katmod with same result as guy's with aftermarket down pipe.

Miltek down pipe 3":
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=565318873665947&id=100005635187263

Katmod:
https://www.facebook.com/JDEngineer...039969375951/1040039612709320/?type=3&theater

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ed what's the current wait time for one of your turbos? Mine just blew yesterday.

We’re expecting to be back in stock by the end of the month.

— Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Just wondering if anyone has tracked this Turbo and posted results yet?

-Kelvin

If you mean road course, I’ve tracked mine quite a bit. But haven’t had a chance to get to the drag strip yet as weather has not been cooperating.

— Ed

radoroc

Ready to race!
If you mean road course, I’ve tracked mine quite a bit. But haven’t had a chance to get to the drag strip yet as weather has not been cooperating.

— Ed

Hey Ed, I've been trying to get a hold of someone there but to no avail. I pm'd you, called the shop and texted Patrick.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey Ed, I've been trying to get a hold of someone there but to no avail. I pm'd you, called the shop and texted Patrick.

We’re trying to catch up from the long weekend. If you left a voicemail, you will get a call back. Voicemail and e-mail are the most reliable ways to reach us.

— Ed