GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 r tinting

Langer1

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have problems getting their little quarter windows (right by side mirrors) tinted on their 2018 r? Just made an appointment and they warned me about problems doing that area. It’s super tight in there. Maybe I can ask for a couple pieces of film and I could remove trim myself and DIY?

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Anyone have problems getting their little quarter windows (right by side mirrors) tinted on their 2018 r? Just made an appointment and they warned me about problems doing that area. It’s super tight in there. Maybe I can ask for a couple pieces of film and I could remove trim myself and DIY?

My tint shop said they made a tool for that tiny window and they do it no problem. It looks like a nightmare but they knocked it out without a problem or complaint.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Some tint shops won't do it. Others will.

My tint shop did it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
My tint shop would have done it, but told me it would increase the cost since they would have to create a special tool for it since no one had small enough hands to do it otherwise. I didn't think it was worth the cost, and after seeing the results, I haven't changed my mind. I have 35% on the front and unless you're specifically looking for it, wouldn't even notice the little windows aren't tinted.

Langer1

Passed Driver's Ed
My tint shop would have done it, but told me it would increase the cost since they would have to create a special tool for it since no one had small enough hands to do it otherwise. I didn't think it was worth the cost, and after seeing the results, I haven't changed my mind. I have 35% on the front and unless you're specifically looking for it, wouldn't even notice the little windows aren't tinted.

The shop did not do it after all. They were slammed and didn't seem to want to take the time to try and most likely do it poorly. It's hard to notice unless you're looking for it. They did give me the cut pieces for the window sections and additional film if I need it. They said they'd be more than happy to do it if I removed the trim pieces on the A pillar, etc. We will see if I end up caring much about it. I went with 20% so it's a little more noticeable, but I don't think anyone notices but me. I may try myself with some type of squeegee tool, something like a rubber cooking spatula. The area is just brutally small.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Mine wouldn't do it, i argued with them about it and then gave up just did everything but.

Keep meaning to take it elsewhere to get it done but haven't bothered since its very hard to notice. I looked around and other shops were basically like "of course why wouldn't we" so seems like it all depends.

rsa964

tint

The shop I just used did it - they had a special tool.

On instagram look up tintmanfl - there is a video. Ignore the GTI R script they didn't know what my model was.

Langer1

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine wouldn't do it, i argued with them about it and then gave up just did everything but.

Keep meaning to take it elsewhere to get it done but haven't bothered since its very hard to notice. I looked around and other shops were basically like "of course why wouldn't we" so seems like it all depends.
Yeah, I'm in no rush. It's not noticeable at all, and I'm friggin' a detail freak about certain things. (orthodontics by profession so I care about fractions of a millimeter)

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
This has been beaten to death, but mine said they wouldn't do it. I know they would have if i pushed them to, but I didn't care. You won't even notice if it's not done. Nobody notices.