GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
FYI, this doesn't play well with the HPA arm.... tried modifying it to work, no bueno. Going to have order another one and put the stock arm back on.

Getting lots of knock anytime I push the gas hard.

Yeah it's a fine line of rigidity.

Joel

Ready to race!
Why not just leave stock arm in?
That is the plan now. HPA was already installed, didn't have the stock arm with me at my buddies. Should have asked for a ride home to get the stock arm instead of trying to modify the powerflex to work. But you know, there was beer involved.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
That is the plan now. HPA was already installed, didn't have the stock arm with me at my buddies. Should have asked for a ride home to get the stock arm instead of trying to modify the powerflex to work. But you know, there was beer involved.

Ahh the old redneck engineering. Been there multiple times. My result is usually: It ain't pretty but it works.

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Assuming engine and transmission mounts are upgraded does the powerflex hybrid require an upgraded pendulum mount to keep wear and tear and NVH down? I’m trying to determine how necessary an upgraded pendulum mount is when upgrading the rest of the mounts.

austexrocker

Hello All, Hopefully someone here can help me clear up some confusion before I spend money and wait for shipping just to find a mistake. Powerflex part # PFF85-833 appears to be for post 2016 models while PFF85-831 is for the pre 2016 models. In Hotfarts post (#6) it looks like a PFF85-833. I also have a 2017 GTI, Autobahn with PP. The confusion is from EuroTuning's website. They give conflicting info saying they part/year like above but when I plug my car in, they say the PFF85-833 does not fit and the PFF85-831 does. Something isn't adding up. BTW, my intention is to match this with an ECS arm and engine mount. Will wait for the tranny mount. Otherwise I am bone stock. Thanks for any clarification.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
You're right, mine is PFF85-833 (the newer "B" version). I'd be willing to bet you have the newer version as well, but unfortunately I'm not aware of any sure-fire way of knowing which version you have without first getting underneath and having a look. I'd recommend reaching underneath with your phone and snapping a pic to verify which one you need.

Hello All, Hopefully someone here can help me clear up some confusion before I spend money and wait for shipping just to find a mistake. Powerflex part # PFF85-833 appears to be for post 2016 models while PFF85-831 is for the pre 2016 models. In Hotfarts post (#6) it looks like a PFF85-833. I also have a 2017 GTI, Autobahn with PP. The confusion is from EuroTuning's website. They give conflicting info saying they part/year like above but when I plug my car in, they say the PFF85-833 does not fit and the PFF85-831 does. Something isn't adding up. BTW, my intention is to match this with an ECS arm and engine mount. Will wait for the tranny mount. Otherwise I am bone stock. Thanks for any clarification.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Also, I don't see PFF85-833 listed on UroTuning's website. If it turns out that's the one you need, I'd just order it straight from PowerFlex. https://www.powerflexusa.com/shop/p...ower-engine-mount-hybrid-bushing-large-b-2437

Another option if you're unable figure out which one to buy (depending on their return policy and if you don't mind tying up ~$75 temporarily, and losing out on some shipping costs) - just order both and return the one you don't need.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
"Both the HPA and Revo had insane NVH when brand new. I hated driving until they broke in. "

Really? I installed the HPA as well as new engine and tranny mounts all at once. There's about 10% more nvh at very low rpm, such as idle or 6th gear at 2500rpm on the freeway but it's barely noticeable. Under all other conditions, there's none perceptible.

The improvement over stock is quite good, especially when really stomping on it / quick shifts (stage 1 and SSK).

I wonder why my results were so much better?

AlienSP

Ready to race!
Being short on time lately, I had the Powerflex hybrid installed last week. After install, I drove down the street and thought the NVH was way too much and I'd revert it back to stock this week. Two days after install, it's only in reverse where I notice that something is different and 10% louder is a good estimation in normal driving. I can now accelerate from a stoplight without the violent wheelhop. Great improvement.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Being short on time lately, I had the Powerflex hybrid installed last week. After install, I drove down the street and thought the NVH was way too much and I'd revert it back to stock this week. Two days after install, it's only in reverse where I notice that something is different and 10% louder is a good estimation in normal driving. I can now accelerate from a stoplight without the violent wheelhop. Great improvement.

Turned your AC on yet? :D

AlienSP

Ready to race!
Turned your AC on yet? :D

You had to turn yours off? 91F last Friday.
Ok, I flipped the AC compressor on/off and there was a slight difference at idle, but nothing I would have noticed until now. In the wet, the Indy 500s still shudder under acceleration, but much more manageable than before.

austexrocker

You had to turn yours off? 91F last Friday.
Ok, I flipped the AC compressor on/off and there was a slight difference at idle, but nothing I would have noticed until now. In the wet, the Indy 500s still shudder under acceleration, but much more manageable than before.

Hey, A fellow Austinite. Yeah, AC on in February, and heater on the next day. That's Texas. Thanks for the input guys. This forum has been super helpful. I lurked for quite a while before joining. Even bone stock and dry pavement, I get serious wheel hop from a standstill hard acceleration. First couple of time I thought something was broken. Good to know there is a relatively easy solution. Haha, never experienced that with my 2010 TDI.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I just want to confirm my stupid question:

When installing the PF Hybrid puck, the stock one has to come out, correct? Similar to HPA and Revo...