GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT DSG base map

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
I just want to thank everyone for all the support. Since I put up the tuning options on the website, we've already processed over 50 base map and e-tune orders! I'm really impressed by the demand and excited to get more VW's running great!

-- Ed

I’m waiting on my bonus check in the next few weeks and can’t wait to order an AP w/the DSG and ECU base tune (I’m all stock for now). I’ve lurked reading everyone’s impressions of your tune and customer service. Keep up the good work! Any teases of what pump 93 can do over the pump 91 dyno sheet on the website? (Edit: ‘17 GTI PP w/DSG)

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I’m waiting on my bonus check in the next few weeks and can’t wait to order an AP w/the DSG and ECU base tune (I’m all stock for now). I’ve lurked reading everyone’s impressions of your tune and customer service. Keep up the good work! Any teases of what pump 93 can do over the pump 91 dyno sheet on the website? (Edit: ‘17 GTI PP w/DSG)

Generally about 10whp between 91 and 93.

Thanks
-- Ed

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE, Audi S5
Can’t wait to get my DSG tune installed. Ordered over the weekend with the license upgrade from EQT. Hoping I get my email today!

L26_BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey fellas,

Sounds like EQT >>> APR for a DSG tune, but has anyone compared EQT to Unitronic? Pretty sold on the idea of EQT but I really want to get this DSG tune right the second time.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
This is my feedback from the Golf R thread on EQT's DSG tune:

I’ve had a little over a week to get a feel for the tune and it feels solid. Great improvement over my Eurodyne DSG tune which made the car feel lazy in D mode (my wife referred to the car as feeling very heavy). The EQT DSG tune makes the car feel significantly lighter on its feet without spending unreasonable amounts of time in the upper RPM range, really ideal for daily driving on the street and highway. I haven’t spent as much time in S but it feels solid as well and importantly it will rev to 7k under WOT while my Eurodyne tune short shifted around 6400 or so (this was with the Eurodyne Stage 2 big turbo DSG tune).

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Hey fellas,

Sounds like EQT >>> APR for a DSG tune, but has anyone compared EQT to Unitronic? Pretty sold on the idea of EQT but I really want to get this DSG tune right the second time.

Makes sense as Ed @ EQT ran APR's DSG tune before Cobb DSG tuning was available and I'm sure he had a laundry list of things to improve on.

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Anybody have Cobb Sport DSG and can compare it to EQT's DSG tune? Don't mind spending the 100 bucks if it vastly better.

Cobb's sport constantly hunts for gears in D mode around town, between 2nd and 3rd. Sometimes also does it with 3rd and 4th, between 25-30 mphs.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Anybody have Cobb Sport DSG and can compare it to EQT's DSG tune? Don't mind spending the 100 bucks if it vastly better.

Cobb's sport constantly hunts for gears in D mode around town, between 2nd and 3rd. Sometimes also does it with 3rd and 4th, between 25-30 mphs.

Most of my customers are coming from the Cobb sport or aggressive maps and love the difference. I spent a lot of time staging the up/downshift points to keep it from hunting gears.

Thanks
— Ed

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
What gear do you have your customers do logs in? And is it one pull from like 2000-6500? I come from subaru world and have read some tuners ask for pulls in 4th and thats just criminal speeds and i already have one conviction. So please say third gear..

And would you be tuning dsg and ecu at same time or first one then other? Any discount on the tune or “deal” if one purchases ap through you?

GhostGTI2

Ready to race!
What gear do you have your customers do logs in? And is it one pull from like 2000-6500? I come from subaru world and have read some tuners ask for pulls in 4th and thats just criminal speeds and i already have one conviction. So please say third gear..

And would you be tuning dsg and ecu at same time or first one then other? Any discount on the tune or “deal” if one purchases ap through you?

The DSG tune is one and done, not a custom tune (but everyone seems very happy with it).

The ECU tune is custom.

If I recall correctly, there is some discount when you buy the DSG unlock ($400) and then buy the DSG tune... it's $75 instead of $100.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

No logging necessary for the DSG tune as it’s a base map suited for your level of mods. For a custom ecu tune, I usually have people do 3rd and 4th gear pulls but depends on how comfortable you are doing that. If you never drive your car that fast, no need to do 4th gear pulls.

Pricing and more info is available on our website: https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi

Thanks
— Ed

vw671

Autocross Newbie

There are more data points on a 4th gear pull as the total time it takes is longer than a 3rd gear pull. With more data points the tuner can do a better job customizing the tune hence why they ask for it.