GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

Macker87

Also has anybody managed to work out how to delay the rear wiper intermittent wipe, I see it was mentioned a few pages back but nobody seems to have confirmed it works?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Also has anybody managed to work out how to delay the rear wiper intermittent wipe, I see it was mentioned a few pages back but nobody seems to have confirmed it works?
I did this and can confirm it works.

pSyCO_007

Ready to race!

I just deleted my rear wiper that thing is garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Hmmm.. first time I checked into this. So my manual says you need auto lights for coming home/leaving home feature? Anyway to circumvent this with OBD11?

I tried and couldn't get it to work automatically with my aftermarket sensor. I have DRLs as coming home lights set to trigger manually. Leaving home won't work at all.

I saw a post on a different forum where Don said that setting the trigger to automatic will cause the CH/LH function to always trigger regardless of light condition, but that didn't happen to me. I wonder, though, if I'd get different results if I don't use the aftermarket sensor. I can try that out.

Something else I tried: there's a Long Coding entry that's along the lines of a light sensor being installed. I set mine to Installed, and that just threw a fault on the dash, so I set it back to Not Installed. I was hoping that I could trick the car into always triggering CH/LH.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Hmmm.. first time I checked into this. So my manual says you need auto lights for coming home/leaving home feature? Anyway to circumvent this with OBD11?

I tried and couldn't get it to work automatically with my aftermarket sensor. I have DRLs as coming home lights set to trigger manually. Leaving home won't work at all.

I saw a post on a different forum where Don said that setting the trigger to automatic will cause the CH/LH function to always trigger regardless of light condition, but that didn't happen to me. I wonder, though, if I'd get different results if I don't use the aftermarket sensor. I can try that out.

Something else I tried: there's a Long Coding entry that's along the lines of a light sensor being installed. I set mine to Installed, and that just threw a fault on the dash, so I set it back to Not Installed. I was hoping that I could trick the car into always triggering CH/LH.

You can set CH to work without auto lights but not LH. LH absolutely requires the OEM light sensor plugged into the BCM, it will not work with an aftermarket one.

I set CH to work manually on my GSW S (no auto lights) using coding:

Central Electrics: Adaptations: Aussenlicht uebergreifend: Einschaltereignis: change to driver door (this makes CH come on when you open your door after flashing your high beams)

Central Electrics: Adaptations: Aussenlicht uebergreifend: Menuesteuerung: Coming Home Werkseinstellung: change to active (this puts a menu in infotainment with a time slider 0-30 seconds)

Central Electrics: Adaptations: Aussenlicht uebergreifend: Verbaustatus: change to manual (this tells the system it will only activate manually, when you flash your high beams before exiting the car. If you had the OEM light sensor, you could set this to auto)

You can then also go into any leuchte channel you want and have any additional lights come on by adding the lichtfunktion for cominghome/leavinghome.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
For people with CH lights, do you ever get tired of people telling you, you left your lights on? I know Ive told a few people that. Only when I saw headlights on though. Thats why I think just fogs or DRLs would be better.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
For people with CH lights, do you ever get tired of people telling you, you left your lights on? I know Ive told a few people that. Only when I saw headlights on though. Thats why I think just fogs or DRLs would be better.

It probably depends on the people. Now that more cars have auto headlights and people keep their light switch set to auto, it's becoming more common to have those "coming home" lights. Even my gf's 2015 Camry does it.
She's noticed that her friends who do comment on her lights being left on are the ones who drive older cars (ie late 90s to early 2000s) and are unaware that the lights will turn off automatically.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Last edited:

codypka

Go Kart Champion

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I get the difference between esc and asr. But the two settings are described exactly the same minus version 1 and version 2. What's the difference?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

More info in this thread. There are other threads on this topic as well. Helps to understand the underlying coding for the Obdeleven apps.

ECS off via button.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...com/forums/showthread.php?t=7041&share_type=t

I’m not sure which is v1 / v2 but it relates to the functionality of the short press/long press.

Stock:
- Short press: ASR OFF
- Long press: ESC Sport

Other option:
- Short press: ASR OFF
- Long press: ESC OFF

Or:
- Short press: ESC Sport
- Long press: ESC OFF

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Do NOT use this application. It will not only have the 3rd brake light on during unlocking but it will also light it during using the indicator lights. And that sucks, you don't want to have your brake lights on when you're not braking.