GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC "3-Second" Tweak

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Adaptive lane assist should look like this in the menu system. Also figured out how to enable pedestrian assist. Going to have to figure out how to test it to make sure it works correctly.

photo upload sites

You can't tease us with a pedestrian assist pic and then not show us where the option is hahah. Not really sure how you can safely test it. It's a lot easier to test emergency braking. Maybe setup a manikin doll and have a friend push it in front of the car? LOL :D Or ask a friend to act like hes running into the street but stop at the curb, should trigger the advanced warning.

I read somewhere that an easy way to tell if TJA is setup properly is if your lane assist light goes green under 60km/h (or whatever the equivalent threshold is for mph). That's something that TJA requires. From what i've read there isn't a setting for TJA it just comes on when the required conditions are met (car in front of you, possibly car to the side of you, going less than 60km/h and legible road markings, i think that's all). So seeing that TJA in menu option seems odd.

The VW Australia forums had lots of neat info.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
This is what I have:

Enable Lane Tracking
Module A5-Frt Sens. Drv. Assist
Security Access, use code recommended by VCDS
Adaptation, Channel named Intervention Moment
Select “early (setting via menu)” to be able to have the "old" way or the enhanced way selectable from the Infotainment menu.
Do it.
Note: Old setting is Late.

Did this in OBDEleven, thanks!

In OBDEleven, I didn't see Intervention Moment listed in Adaptation, so I had to use Long Coding:

I have some errands to run this morning, so I'll see if I can test it out while I am out.

I saw the Pedestrian Monitoring settings in module 13 as well, but didn't mess with them.

thanks again for posting this!

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Do you have the VCDS procedures for Pedestrian Monitoring?

You can't tease us with a pedestrian assist pic and then not show us where the option is hahah. Not really sure how you can safely test it. It's a lot easier to test emergency braking. Maybe setup a manikin doll and have a friend push it in front of the car? LOL :D Or ask a friend to act like hes running into the street but stop at the curb, should trigger the advanced warning.

I read somewhere that an easy way to tell if TJA is setup properly is if your lane assist light goes green under 60km/h (or whatever the equivalent threshold is for mph). That's something that TJA requires. From what i've read there isn't a setting for TJA it just comes on when the required conditions are met (car in front of you, possibly car to the side of you, going less than 60km/h and legible road markings, i think that's all). So seeing that TJA in menu option seems odd.

The VW Australia forums had lots of neat info.

I know I know. Pretty sure I’m missing one little piece of it. Going to work on it after work today. I’ll post up the coding once I’m sure it’s all correct. It would be irresponsible of me to post something like this without being sure it’s right. Would hate to see something happen becasue something isn’t right.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I know I know. Pretty sure I’m missing one little piece of it. Going to work on it after work today. I’ll post up the coding once I’m sure it’s all correct. It would be irresponsible of me to post something like this without being sure it’s right. Would hate to see something happen becasue something isn’t right.

Perhaps it's in a different module than where I'm looking. I'll have to look.

In case anyone else is trying to look for it in VCDS, if the words are in German for Pedestrian & Monitoring Alert, they are Fußgänger Überwachungswarnung.

Note: my rear traffic alert beeps when people walk in back of my car, and if people are close to the parking sensors in the front they beep. I believe we're looking for a front radar setting, but cars with it supposedly have a different radar emitter/receiver.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Do you have to disable drive away trigger by driver? I had issues coding this last night...and the night before.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Do you have to disable drive away trigger by driver? I had issues coding this last night...and the night before.

This was my coding for my 2017 R:

ACC 3 second resume:
Module [13] Auto distance regulation
security code 14117
"Automatic_Driveaway_after_short_stop" change to “active” (default “deactivated”)
Also at the same time do (ACC “resume” button resumes from stop)
"Automatic_driveaway_by_pretrigger" change to “active” (default “deactivated”)
“driveaway_by_triggerleaver” change to “active” (default “deactivated”)

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr

ACC 3 second resume:

security code 14117

"Automatic_Driveaway_after_short_stop" change to “active” (default “deactivated”)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Can someone explain what this does exactly? Do you have to turn on Cruise every time you get in car?

Two things, main one is that by default if the car in front of you comes to a complete stop ACC turns itself off and won't resume until you press the gas pedal. With this tweak if that complete stop is less than 3 seconds and the car in front starts moving again, your car will start moving again from a stop and follow the car in front. VERY handy in stop and go traffic.

Bonus is when you're at a complete stop in north america the resume button doesn't do anything but increase the speed setting, now resume button will allow you to start moving again from a dead stop. Usually you have to push the gas pedal. Some cars already come like this from the factory but a majority don't.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr

ACC 3 second resume:

security code 14117

Gee golly. After driving up and down a fairly busy road in Nashville with all three combos it’s not working.

Even disabled drive away by driver input and only enabled drive away after short stop.
(Which is kind of nice because it doesn’t immediately take off i I don’t hit the brake as it does in normal...but I turned it back on).

Currently have all three boxes checked and same thing: comes to a stop, I get the red brake alert then it takes off if I don’t hold the brake.

There are three boxes in VCDS:
Drive away by driver input (?)
Drive away after short stop
Drive away by pretrigger.

Hoping for a photo of someone’s vcds boxes.
Me and VAGCOM. Heh

Sent by raven from Castle Black

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Seat belt on? It won't work if you're unbuckled.

Yep! I never drive with it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Man I'm just bumping my head getting this to work.
I activated all 3 options today (driver, automatic, pretrigger) and it still gives me the "BRAKE" warning when the car comes to a stop.

It should work - my car has all the proper hardware - can I check anywhere else in VCDS to see why it doesn't activate?

Last edited:

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
From my experience over the past few months may have found the culprit.
The R has an electronic handbrake and this allows the car to hold at a stop which activates the “ACC Ready” message.
On my GTI this tweak still works but instead the dash simply says “BRAKE” while still keeping ACC active for about 3 seconds.
If I don’t brake within 3-seconds it will pull away again.
So everything is working but the system may be confused by the lack of an e-handbrake.

Sent from Winterfell using Ravens.

Last edited: