GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I've searched various JB4 threads on different forums and have a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone tried a JB4 on a 2019 GTI with the 7 speed DSG? I can't imagine there would be any concern but curious as what to expect with up to date firmware?

2. Does the current firmware have any impact on adaptive cruise? I do not have an aftermarket downpipe, so maybe this is of no concern?

No issues with the MK7.5 GTI 7 speed.

The only cars that get the ACC issue are the DP cars that have the autoclear on for faults.

jc311

No issues with the MK7.5 GTI 7 speed.

The only cars that get the ACC issue are the DP cars that have the autoclear on for faults.

Great, looking forward to trying one out after I get past the factory break in.

I have access to 93 gas where I'm located. I presume this means I can try out Map 2 and see how the car responds? I've seen conflicting info on running the OTS Map 6 without any bolt ons - is this also safe prior to any customization on 93?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Great, looking forward to trying one out after I get past the factory break in.

I have access to 93 gas where I'm located. I presume this means I can try out Map 2 and see how the car responds? I've seen conflicting info on running the OTS Map 6 without any bolt ons - is this also safe prior to any customization on 93?

Map 2 is good with 93.
Map 6 has some base settings that we start with but typically you going to want to set it. Dependent on intake temps map 6 might be less aggressive than map 2 since map 2 adds over ECU request.

rodolfo

I had a DP installed in my Gti. Today I install a Catback and jb4 read 3 error codes:
50B6 no description found

6C5C no description found

0000 unknow fault

When only with DP, and older firmware version, there was no faults. I uptaded the firmware 2 days ago.

and now, when I do a WOT with Traction Control ON, the car get's all messy around 4k rpm, like it was in redline..

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Well I finally witnessed for myself that the valet map (now map 4) definitely works lol.

Went to LA last night and set map 4 once I parked. Went back home tonight, and once oil temp was up and I had the opportunity to floor it.......nothing haha. I could hear the engine roaring, but it was like I was barely accelerating.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2.0T-GTI

VW in MadTown
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit Ed. GTI
I'm getting a CEL, but when I convert the code from hex to decimal, it's not a listed VW code. Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

49F6 No Description Found (18934 in decimal)
431A No Description Found (I realize this is common and can likely be ignored, or may be related to the first code)

Can anyone guide me to the right place to find out what this code is? I've got a JB4, Intake, MAP DP, and Vibrant O2 Spacer with medium sized insert installed.

fwiw, code happened the morning after switching back to map1 from map2 due to unavailability of 93oct and a ~2hr drive through heavy rain in cold temps. Might be coincidence, but worth noting.

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm getting a CEL, but when I convert the code from hex to decimal, it's not a listed VW code. Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

49F6 No Description Found (18934 in decimal)
431A No Description Found (I realize this is common and can likely be ignored, or may be related to the first code)

Can anyone guide me to the right place to find out what this code is? I've got a JB4, Intake, MAP DP, and Vibrant O2 Spacer with medium sized insert installed.

fwiw, code happened the morning after switching back to map1 from map2 due to unavailability of 93oct and a ~2hr drive through heavy rain in cold temps. Might be coincidence, but worth noting.
I received these just one morning after sitting for about 12 hours but weather was the same pretty much. It happened in first gear at about 2500 rpms. I turned car off and erased codes and has been good since.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

2.0T-GTI

VW in MadTown
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit Ed. GTI
I received these just one morning after sitting for about 12 hours but weather was the same pretty much. It happened in first gear at about 2500 rpms. I turned car off and erased codes and has been good since.

Ahh, close! 49F5 as opposed to my 49F6. Maybe related. Mine happened upon startup essentially. Good to know they didn't come back for you. Maybe George will have some input. I emailed him directly as well. I'll report back here if he has more info.

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
Ahh, close! 49F5 as opposed to my 49F6. Maybe related. Mine happened upon startup essentially. Good to know they didn't come back for you. Maybe George will have some input. I emailed him directly as well. I'll report back here if he has more info.
I emailed him as well and this is what he told me "Hi,

Typically a fault on start up wont appear in the log. The logs does look normal though.

I reckon see if it comes again and it might give you a actual fault to go by."

2.0T-GTI

VW in MadTown
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit Ed. GTI
I emailed him as well and this is what he told me "Hi,

Typically a fault on start up wont appear in the log. The logs does look normal though.

I reckon see if it comes again and it might give you a actual fault to go by."

Good to know! Car only has 800 miles on it, hopefully it's just a VW gremlin. :)

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Can anyone verify if the jb4 would be safe on the 2019?

Check out the last few posts on the Map 6 logging thread. Someone there has a 2019 GTI S, and their logs showed rich AFRs. George responded with a possible explanation.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2.0T-GTI

VW in MadTown
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit Ed. GTI
Can anyone verify if the jb4 would be safe on the 2019?

Yes, I’m running one on my 19 rabbit ed. no issues reported by George. No different than a 2018. :) Enjoy!

Edit: saw the above thread about running rich. I sent some logs to George and he said everything looked great, so may not be a universal issue. Idk, ymmv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk