GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coolant leak?

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
My A3 slowlllllly loses coolant. Not enough for me to worry about. Topped it off once and it’s between full and low now after putting 25k on it since I’ve owned it.

H

Huntermike

I'm bringing my car in Wednesday for the same issue, 36k miles. It has always dropped in level since I've owned it but now when hot I smell coolant at the front of the engine. I always smelled a faint amount near the turbo but now it's really strong. No visible leaks.

I also have an oil leak at the PCV so we'll see if that's covered. I had my advisor write up a ticket already and got it in under the BtoB warranty, 35,930 miles. :) It's probably powertrain and I've still got the CPO warranty but just in case.

Cjpolokid

Ready to race!
I'm bringing my car in Wednesday for the same issue, 36k miles. It has always dropped in level since I've owned it but now when hot I smell coolant at the front of the engine. I always smelled a faint amount near the turbo but now it's really strong. No visible leaks.

I also have an oil leak at the PCV so we'll see if that's covered. I had my advisor write up a ticket already and got it in under the BtoB warranty, 35,930 miles. :) It's probably powertrain and I've still got the CPO warranty but just in case.

Check water pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie

Have them pressure test the cap.

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
I’m at 25k miles on a 2016 I haven’t touched the coolant. I remember it being much higher than that. Car is completely cold right now if that makes any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My dude I have a 1.8t vw golf 2017 within 4 months or less I changd thermostat housing twice under warranty, where ur coolant level is at mine was beyond bowl half empty... I am assuming every golf has this cancer just not as bad as me? Oh and I am at 75.5 k mileage right now.

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
Yeah I think my second thermostat is leaking. They last like 20k a pop.
Yeah on my 1.8t vw golf 2017 today was my second thermostat housing replacement under warranty I am at 75.5 k in mileage mine seems to happen every 3 months of 2020 this disease.

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
Replaced my thermostat housing last month. The problem is NOT that it is plastic, nor is it an issue of a poor mating to the engine...it simply fails internally and leaks from the lower front section (not the mating surface). So while the USP cast housing might not leak, it's probably just designed better internally

I personally haven't seen/read about anyone using the cast housing. You can buy the cast for about $100 more than the OEM, so I guess it's worth trying.
Ohhh thats a thing? Because I need a permanent fix too had my second thermostat housing garbage under warranty replaced again seems to be a reoccurring thing every 3 months of 2020 on my 1.8T vw golf 2017. So can you provide link I want to change mine asap this is complete bs as I am at 75.5 k km and warranty ends 80k so i want to never ever visit dealership ever again and have my sht sorted.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ohhh thats a thing? Because I need a permanent fix too had my second thermostat housing garbage under warranty replaced again seems to be a reoccurring thing every 3 months of 2020 on my 1.8T vw golf 2017. So can you provide link I want to change mine asap this is complete bs as I am at 75.5 k km and warranty ends 80k so i want to never ever visit dealership ever again and have my sht sorted.

All the guys you responded to was from almost 2 years ago.