GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Touch Up Paint

ieddtech

Passed Driver's Ed
I used a toothpick worked pretty good.

Just picked up the clearcoat pen from the dealer. He says they come in a kit of the colour pen and the clear pen. (But of course, he didn't have Dk Iron Met Blue). And that colour has been on order for over 2 months. But when I had the spoiler painted/installed...I asked the shop for a small container of touch up paint...until the VW pen arrives. The paint from the shop is bang on...and my dealer has countless CLEAR pens...(of course). My question is...how long do I wait after I applied the paint do I apply the clear? In the past, VW has told me 24-48 hours then apply. Anything diff since that answer...or....?

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Just picked up the clearcoat pen from the dealer. He says they come in a kit of the colour pen and the clear pen. (But of course, he didn't have Dk Iron Met Blue). And that colour has been on order for over 2 months. But when I had the spoiler painted/installed...I asked the shop for a small container of touch up paint...until the VW pen arrives. The paint from the shop is bang on...and my dealer has countless CLEAR pens...(of course). My question is...how long do I wait after I applied the paint do I apply the clear? In the past, VW has told me 24-48 hours then apply. Anything diff since that answer...or....?

That sounds about right. The thing I always wonder is if it rains on your car before you get to apply the clear coat will it alter the final look? The paint and clear coat combined are what create the perfect match from what I've been told.

MysticGTI

Just finding this thread now. I picked up a used pure white 2017 GTI, which has a few nicks that could use some touching up. I'm debating on whether or not to do this myself or bring it in to a professional. Thoughts?

Is touching up pretty straightforward and does it look good?

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Just finding this thread now. I picked up a used pure white 2017 GTI, which has a few nicks that could use some touching up. I'm debating on whether or not to do this myself or bring it in to a professional. Thoughts?

Is touching up pretty straightforward and does it look good?

What did you end u doing? I've been off the site for a few months. I think small touch ups are pretty easy especially if you have a DA polisher to finish them off with. There is also the blob method if you have deep nicks/chips.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I've used DR Color Chip on 4 cars now and plan to use it on my Lapiz R. Just got a small bottle delivered and the color looks good to me. I'm very happy with this product.

X2 for Dr Colorchip

I’ve used it on 3 prior cars.

All with awesome results.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Larry from AMMO has a nice youtube video on an applicator for touch up paint he used on an old 911 being donated to a museum. Its an extremely fine tipped needle pen with a tiny reservoir for professional signatures

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
X2 for Dr Colorchip

I’ve used it on 3 prior cars.

All with awesome results.
Make that x3!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk