GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Triple Blink 3rd Brake Light

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Please don't do this. The police cars in my area have this. It's so annoying. Looks like an old tube light trying to turn on with a bad ballast.
Yep, reminds me of a DLP TV with issues, too.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I think the best solution (personally) is the hazard flashing during hard braking, which gives drivers a bit more notice that you're stopping pretty rapidly.

The third brake light blinking isn't a good solution. I did this to my wife's Subaru Legacy while we were in Korea because drivers there are as attentive as moldy rocks. After three years, I had to remove it and also replace the LED element because the constant rapid/slow flashing of the brake lights caused the LED's to burn out prematurely. Never doing that again. Instead, the high speed braking which activates hazards is probably a better idea. After all, that's my typical reach (hitting the hazard button) if I have to slam on the brakes in congestion when stopping on the highway from speed.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
1. Select 09- Cent. Electr. 2. Select Security access - 16 3. Enter the magic number 31347 4. Select Adaptation -10 5. Change the following adapation channels: (1)-Assistance light functions-Notbremsanzeige NBA default is not active change to active (11)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Notwarn_blinken_NBA_Phase_2 default is not active change to active (18)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Emergency_alert_blinken default is not active change to active This will flash hazards. Only works at 55mph or above I believe.

Does this mod flash hazards when braking hard above 55mph or when normal braking above 55mph? Going to assume only hard braking, how does it know? 2016 MY base model without DAP or anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellokilo

Passed Driver's Ed
I have tested this mod.
It does nothing at city speeds.
At highway speeds, slamming on the brakes to a stop will activate the hazzards and will keep them on. You will then have to hit the hazzard button to turn off the blinking.

Markled

I just purchased a 2018 alltrack sel and it does have that triple blink 3rd brake light coding. My wife drives a 2017 alltrack s and that does not have it.

Comparing the adaptation values between the 2 cars for the 3rd brake light, there is an xtra function coded after the brake light function.

That function is: Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken.

Not sure if this is a standalone tweak or if other code needs to be set up somewhere else in the module. I’ll try applying this to the 2017 and see if it enables 3rd brake light blinking. Then I’ll turn the feature off on the 2018.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ha! Hope this strobe light effect doesnt induce a seizure in the guy behind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk