GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resetting golf mk7 2.0 TDI Pressure plate Help!

dayyaan99

Passed Driver's Ed
I would just like to know if anyone was any experience or knowledge on Resetting a golf mk7 2.0 TDI Pressure plate? its for the 81kw manual version. any help would be appreciated!

Backstory
My clutch plate gave in, had it relined and now need to reset my pressure plate (as its still usable) in order to put my clutch back in

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
You need to get a copy of the ERWIN.de vw workshop manuals that will have all the torque specs etc..

What is the gearbox code???

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I was told this :CRVA with MWX Gearbox" however i just need to know how to reset the self adjusting pressure plate

The VW books mention a LuK dual mass or Sachs dual mass fly wheels...or single mass one...

The only mention or adjusting mechanism is on the LuK dual mass & the procedure is for new pressure plates only...

basically the adjuster has a end tab which should totally fit between two notches in the viewing window/hole....there are three of these to check....but it states that the adjuster may take up a position outside the notches when used

dayyaan99

Passed Driver's Ed
The VW books mention a LuK dual mass or Sachs dual mass fly wheels...or single mass one...

The only mention or adjusting mechanism is on the LuK dual mass & the procedure is for new pressure plates only...

basically the adjuster has a end tab which should totally fit between two notches in the viewing window/hole....there are three of these to check....but it states that the adjuster may take up a position outside the notches when used

Thank you very much, I've decided to purchase a single mass conversion clutch kit from darkside developments, hopefully this clutch lasts with all the upgrades done to the car!