GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex XL runs 10.46 @ 131.5mph @ 30psi

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
This got a bit buried in the general thread, so here are the results of our first drag strip outing with our 2016 Golf R with the EQT Vortex Turbo.This is running our XL exhaust housing which is good for about 30whp compared to the original housing.

We only got one clean pass in running 30psi of boost. We had the car tuned to a peak of 33psi up top, but ran into a bug with Cobb software that was preventing us from running the higher boost levels at the strip. Once we get that resolved there’s definitely a lot more in it in terms of power and 60 foot. DA was around 2000ft at the time, so that can be better as well.

This is clearly pushing the stock engine, so I’m very happy with the results and even happier that the engine is taking this power without issues. Since this pass, I've been doing testing with Cobb and hitting 32-33psi on a daily basis and the car just keeps taking it and asking for more. I can't wait to see what we can do with this all out!

I'm also amazed at the response we're getting out of this turbo even with the larger housing. On the road on a 4th gear pull, we see 28psi by 3300RPM. Hard to ask for anything more considering the overall power capability!

Here's the slip:

This is the dyno chart ramping up to 33psi by the very top end:

Video of the pass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAJqEj8taBY

Thanks
-- Ed

cr_sti

Go Kart Newbie
Seriously impressive!

When do the rest of us peasants get Cobb MPI?

Also, what are your other mods (IC/downpipe/anything else)?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Seriously impressive!

When do the rest of us peasants get Cobb MPI?

Also, what are your other mods (IC/downpipe/anything else)?

Supposed to be released by the end of the month.

Power Mod list:
AMS DP
AMS Intake
APR FMIC
Autotech HPFP
PR MPI Kit with 1300cc Injectors
PR Walbro 525 LPFP
Torqbyte PM4 Fuel Pump Controller
AEM 5 bar/ Bosch 4 bar Sensors
Spulen Catch Can/Baffle Plate
EQT Vortex XL Turbo
EQT Discharge Pipe and TMD Kit
Cobb AccessPort with EQT ECU/TCU Tunes

Non-Power:
034 Motor + Trans Mounts
EQT Prototype Coilovers
Hoosier Drag Radials on 17's (for drag strip only)

That's about all I can think of.

-- Ed

cr_sti

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the detailed response, hopefully you can edit the title when it goes faster next time. . .

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Thanks for the detailed response, hopefully you can edit the title when it goes faster next time. . .

Yep... hopefully we'll snag the stock motor record next time. Just .06s off on this run :D

-- Ed

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Crazy impressive numbers! Kind of nutty the sheer levels of power that the stock 2.0 block can take.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Crazy impressive numbers! Kind of nutty the sheer levels of power that the stock 2.0 block can take.

Indeed! And the completely stock DSG. This little car continues to impress me.

— Ed

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Indeed! And the completely stock DSG. This little car continues to impress me.

— Ed

What did you do to gain 100 whp? I thought it was only supposed to be a 20 hp gain

Hoon

Autocross Champion
What did you do to gain 100 whp? I thought it was only supposed to be a 20 hp gain

MPI, Torqbyte, LPFP, E85, more boost and more timing.

Everything Cobb has been handcuffed without MPI.