GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE 2015-2019 GTI Software Available Now

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Hi John. May you share some insight on your ECU and DSG tunes compared to Unitronic and APR? I understand APR is more aggressive with the turbo boost and power, while Unitronic is more conservative as they play with timings more (I think). However Unitronic is more linear which is something I prefer. Not too sure about their DSG tunes. What is yours like?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
We're confident though that the dealer won't check TD1 if the car is back to stock, which we plan on doing before taking it in.

What would make you think that? Wouldn't they be hooking it up to their standard scan before doing work on it or am I not understanding how their scan works?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
What would make you think that? Wouldn't they be hooking it up to their standard scan before doing work on it or am I not understanding how their scan works?

Not to answer for them, but I’m guessing that if the car looks in stock condition as far as hardware goes, maybe they won’t send the scan to VW for smaller issues.... obviously, this would likely not be the case for a blown turbo, engine, transmission, etc.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I'll wait to see more miles on this tune before I look into it more.

It seems like IE has had strong tunes from friends I have spoken to. Idk about on our engines.

IE was going to have some more info on trap speeds, etc, that they are running. Hopefully they will chime in.

codyrukus

It seems like IE has had strong tunes from friends I have spoken to. Idk about on our engines.

IE was going to have some more info on trap speeds, etc, that they are running. Hopefully they will chime in.

My buddy has used IE for all of his GTI’s and they just did his R. I’m sure they did solid work on the 2019 tune. I’m also still under 1000 miles so I got some time to wait ?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
My buddy has used IE for all of his GTI’s and they just did his R. I’m sure they did solid work on the 2019 tune. I’m also still under 1000 miles so I got some time to wait ?

APR has it’s numbers and such coming out soon.... (of course it’s not all in the numbers), along with GIAC soon as well. I will be interested in seeing some side by side comparisons.

John@IE

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Hey guys!

Sorry about the long delay. I've been stretched out a bit at work trying to get things done.

Okay so,

We do indeed plan on doing IS38 support, as well as trying for E85 support (additional hardware required)

We also plan on doing hybrid support as well. This is a strong platform and we want our customers to have options. Of course this higher end stuff is taking more time to finish, but we are currently working on all that.

Our dyno that we use is a Dynapack, and the computer that is hooked up to it, spits out the exact numbers that you see on our site when looking at our power charts. This makes it as honest from us as possible.

Our low torque file was created specifically for those rocking stock manual clutches, and those who don't have our DSG file. High torque files are just too much for the stock clutch on manual cars as well as untuned DSG's.

When comparing ours to the competition, we've always enjoyed having the most torque-y tune when people have done side by side comparisons, as well as we almost always have superior DSG tunes. Our power is applied in a linear fashion though, not all at once. So those waiting for even a huge power boost even on a smaller is20 will not get that, it'll be smooth and also very drive-able throughout town.

With regards to the dealership deal, our local dealership didn't even think to scan the car, and we brought it in for a defective steering rack. So that was a plus and some insight for you guys if you were curious.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Thanks!

- John@IE

codyrukus

APR has it’s numbers and such coming out soon.... (of course it’s not all in the numbers), along with GIAC soon as well. I will be interested in seeing some side by side comparisons.

Indeed it will! I’m new to the GTI scene so I’ll have to do some more research on all of the different options before I jump in. IE is local for me though so I may have to make a trip over to their shop to check everything out in person.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Indeed it will! I’m new to the GTI scene so I’ll have to do some more research on all of the different options before I jump in. IE is local for me though so I may have to make a trip over to their shop to check everything out in person.

IE tunes have gotten a lot of praise... they are by no means a slouch. I’m waiting for a few other things though. Get a few more miles on the car, do first oil change, and wait until my money is stable

codyrukus

IE tunes have gotten a lot of praise... they are by no means a slouch. I’m waiting for a few other things though. Get a few more miles on the car, do first oil change, and wait until my money is stable

Good on ya my dude. That’s one thing that killed me about the Subaru scene out here. Kids would take out these crazy loans on cars and take it up to stage 3 then not be able to afford it and have to sell it or give it back to the bank.

John@IE

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we also just released our MQB Turbo Inlet Pipes!

If you'd like to know more, click HERE