2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
bump

I still think this should be a sticky

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Those that have upgraded your suspension, have you replaced all hardware when installing the new kits? (the bolts and the nuts I mean)

It would depend if they were torque to yield or not.

Which they probably are, because it is a way to lighten a car without having to do too much.

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
Just wanted to add that you can get BC coils with custom spring rates up to 16 or 18kg at no additional charge, although anything higher than that you would have to upgrade to Swift springs

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
JRZ Coil-Overs

I just found these tasty tidbits from JRZ. Looks like they're trying to put out a "Touring" version for more of a street friendly suspension. Options of one and two way adjustable for the touring.
A couple of my friends had the RS TWO Sport on their BMWs. VERY nice suspension for sure.
Of course they have full-blown racing suspensions as well for those of you that want to build a race car.

http://www.jrzsuspension.com/find-your-damper.html

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
Anyone have experience with the VWR tracksport setup? Would really love something like this for the track but worried it's probably too stiff for the street.

JJ

Obakong

Ready to race!
I called the distributor and they said this kit is not customizable from the manufacturer, meaning custom rates springs are available but extra, not as a factory swap. In the end I'll probably install them as they are and take it from there.

Thank you all for valuable input.

Hey Solaris,
Just checking in to see how you like the Ohlins on your R; what have been your impressions so far and also wanted to know what settings front and rear that you settled on.

I've just recently purchased a set of these (along with new mounts and bearings) and waiting on them to be delivered.

Thanks!

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Hey Solaris,
Just checking in to see how you like the Ohlins on your R; what have been your impressions so far and also wanted to know what settings front and rear that you settled on.

I've just recently purchased a set of these (along with new mounts and bearings) and waiting on them to be delivered.

Thanks!

Send the bearings back! You don't need them, just the mounts.
I bet he is very satisfied. I'm still after one year, they are great:)

Thank you to who posted this thread, and bumped it. This helped me a ton in considering my options for coilovers. Ive literally never tracked my car in the year Ive owned it, and want to go coilovers for lowering purposes. All this informations defintely helped me to figure out where I want to go. Now to just save money and do the damn deed!

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
I'm bumping an old thread.

Looking at buying some KW V1's or Street Comforts for my 16' GTI with PP. I've read on a few forums that people have had issues with them but it seems like they are mainly people in Europe. Has anyone in North America had any actual issues with them?

I'll be running 19x8.5 rotiforms with 235/35/19 tires at 45 offset with the coilovers. Seems like a pretty standard setup for GTIs so no fitment issues there but I'm mostly concerned about issues with the coilovers and deleting the DDC.

Any information is welcomed.

Obakong

Ready to race!
You could try out MSS. It keeps your DCC functionality and people have said very nice things about their spring kits with DCC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowman216

Has anyone tried the Forge Motorsport coilovers yet? They look very similar to the Fortune coilovers that my buddy loves on his '15 STI.

According to their website the spring rates are: 9kg/mm (front) and 5kg/mm (rear)

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
The PSS10 rates listed are incorrect. I just reached out to Bilstein and they stated the rears are actually 302lb linear. Front rates listed are correct (399 progressive)

Last edited:

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
Also you can add the Ground Control single-adjustable Koni-based coilover kit. They will be released in November at $1799