GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Exterior / Interior Care (washing, detailing, exterior repairs)

Old 03-10-2018, 04:50 AM   #1
sandmangti

Available at Walmart!

Walked through the Auto area at my Walmart and noticed this.
Chemical Guy’s products being sold. Not a lot, but some items.
FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sandmangti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:18 PM   #2
PouncingPanzer

Drives: White '17 GTI Sport 6MT
I am a fan of the Citrus Daily Wash.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:39 AM   #3
sandmangti

Quote:
Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
I am a fan of the Citrus Daily Wash.

Is it a regular car wash soap that has a citrus smell or does it also remove wax and other buildup?

Video info also.

https://youtu.be/BR8Iv8w-pWE

Old 03-14-2018, 04:40 PM   #4
Handguns4heaRTs

Drives: 2017 GTI SE DSG
Have you ever been on detailing forums/group pages and seen how much hate CG gets? it's laughable. They're basically the APR of the detailing world. Leather interior quick detailer works well for our cars, and soaps are great. The inner clean interior cleaner is pretty good too.
Handguns4heaRTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #5
heiney9

Drives: 2017 - GTi Sport -DSG & 2009 GTi -TSI DSG
I exclusively use Aerospace 303 products and they are superb. No need to change for me.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:35 PM   #6
Merkeyterkey

Drives: MKV GTI, MK7 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handguns4heaRTs View Post
Have you ever been on detailing forums/group pages and seen how much hate CG gets? it's laughable. They're basically the APR of the detailing world. Leather interior quick detailer works well for our cars, and soaps are great. The inner clean interior cleaner is pretty good too.
The seal on the bottom of their bottles makes it for me:

"Quality Standard Premium Product"

What the fuck does that mean?
Merkeyterkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #7
sandmangti

Available at Walmart!

Quote:

I like some of their items but admit I have not used many other high end products so there might be better. I tested 4oz bottle of their product that helps with removing water and drying the car after wash. For me it took beading water, which is easy to blow off and caused the water to smooth out making it harder to blow off. I have also used their rubber mat cleaner and it did not work well for me and smells not so good. Snow foam is great and their waxes work well and feel and smell good.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #8
PouncingPanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmangti View Post
Is it a regular car wash soap that has a citrus smell or does it also remove wax and other buildup?

Video info also.

https://youtu.be/BR8Iv8w-pWE

It's too mild, and that whole wax build up removing claim is almost false advertising because after you dilute any soap the pH is practically that of the water you used to dilute it.

But, to compare it to the original Citrus Wash, which I also loved and will continue to use for my wheels until it's gone, it is 50% weaker. So it is a daily wash. I have a ceramic coating, so it's perfect for me because it isn't packed with, pardon my French CG fans, GARBAGE!
Old 03-14-2018, 07:20 PM   #9
PouncingPanzer

Quote:
I will say this, nothing CG offers has been ground breaking, nothing I can think of however. Except maybe their hexlogic pads. Other brands, Sonax, CarPro, and even Meg's in some cases, offer refreshing new items that CHANGE the detailing world. CG, they have spent the last few years changing scents and labels so as far as I can tell. They claim "it's about the lifestyle". I claim it's about the end result, and how fast I can get there. This isn't me saying they make bad products, but there is a reason those CG products, save Citrus Wash(which they discontinued), are now collecting dust. I'm not the only one either, as those forums you mention tell.

I am not a one brand kinda guy, like many CG fans are.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:36 PM   #10
Handguns4heaRTs

Quote:
I will say this, nothing CG offers has been ground breaking, nothing I can think of however. Except maybe their hexlogic pads. Other brands, Sonax, CarPro, and even Meg's in some cases, offer refreshing new items that CHANGE the detailing world. CG, they have spent the last few years changing scents and labels so as far as I can tell. They claim "it's about the lifestyle". I claim it's about the end result, and how fast I can get there. This isn't me saying they make bad products, but there is a reason those CG products, save Citrus Wash(which they discontinued), are now collecting dust. I'm not the only one either, as those forums you mention tell.

I am not a one brand kinda guy, like many CG fans are.
Definitely. I started with a CG bundle, but now I'm an OPT disciple. ONR wash with Opti-Seal as drying aid is pretty much the easiest and best 1-2 combo I've found.
Handguns4heaRTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:48 PM   #11
Sweetjones_29

Quote:
It's too mild, and that whole wax build up removing claim is almost false advertising because after you dilute any soap the pH is practically that of the water you used to dilute it.

But, to compare it to the original Citrus Wash, which I also loved and will continue to use for my wheels until it's gone, it is 50% weaker. So it is a daily wash. I have a ceramic coating, so it's perfect for me because it isn't packed with, pardon my French CG fans, GARBAGE!

Dial soap works the best to remove wax.
Sweetjones_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:05 AM   #12
The Fed

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Dawn dishwashing liquid or probably anything like it removes wax.

I like Meguiar's products.
(Mostly) Posted by Josh/AWE. Flapper valves are open at idle, close after 1100 RPM during part throttle. Full throttle 1st-4th gear the valves open until throttle let off. 4th gear, 1500 RPM to full throttle closed, closed until 3500 RPM, then open until lift off throttle.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:38 AM   #13
cbenjes

Drives: 2016 TR GTI Autobahn
CG has some good stuff, but they also have too much stuff that does similar jobs. Adams has some good stuff, albeit they tend to be pricey. Unlike Adams, CG's marketing makes it very confusing when you have 10 different kinds of sealants, waxes, interior cleaners, glazes, etc. With Adams, they have one type of each product, and you either like it and think it's worth the cost, or you don't, and if you don't, they refund 110% of the purchase price.

Meguiars makes some good products too, so I pick and choose what I use and like and what I don't. I DO have a lot of Adams products.

Has anyone tried Hydrosilex? I'm intrigued, but want to hear an unbiased review.
cbenjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:02 AM   #14
micah

Drives: 2016 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Definitely. I started with a CG bundle, but now I'm an OPT disciple. ONR wash with Opti-Seal as drying aid is pretty much the easiest and best 1-2 combo I've found.

Started with Adam’s but am using OPT exclusively now as well. Plus it is so much more affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #15
PouncingPanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetjones_29 View Post
Dial soap works the best to remove wax.
I can believe that.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:15 PM   #16
PouncingPanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
Dawn dishwashing liquid or probably anything like it removes wax.

I like Meguiar's products.
Can't go wrong with Meg's. If I had a polisher to my head and they guy was making me pick one brand, Meg's would be it. Their professional line has all grounds covered really.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:23 PM   #17
The Fed

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmangti View Post
I like some of their items but admit I have not used many other high end products so there might be better. I tested 4oz bottle of their product that helps with removing water and drying the car after wash. For me it took beading water, which is easy to blow off and caused the water to smooth out making it harder to blow off. I have also used their rubber mat cleaner and it did not work well for me and smells not so good. Snow foam is great and their waxes work well and feel and smell good.

The Mequiar's sealant I use does the same thing. It makes the water bead up into tiny drops that defy my leaf blower. Granted, it's a cheap one but it probably still blows about 90 MPH. I know there's more powerful blowers but I don't like taking the chance it might damage something.
(Mostly) Posted by Josh/AWE. Flapper valves are open at idle, close after 1100 RPM during part throttle. Full throttle 1st-4th gear the valves open until throttle let off. 4th gear, 1500 RPM to full throttle closed, closed until 3500 RPM, then open until lift off throttle.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote