GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuning Options for APR EFR7163 Kit

613B6

Ready to race!
I know.. I know Matt (Moose) and he is absolutely great. But I don't really like ED DSG tunes... That's my main issue.

If you want to drive my car, you're more than welcome too Paul and see how you like the stage 3 DSG tune if that's your only concern.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Get UM with their DSG tune. It makes the most power and is the most reliable due to flat torque unless you want a built motor and 499/484 wheel

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Get UM with their DSG tune. It makes the most power and is the most reliable due to flat torque unless you want a built motor and 499/484 wheel

you do realize those are e85 tunes not 93 pump gas tunes like apr offers.
also as i stated above apr has a new tune out for these cars and trap speeds are up closer to 130mph with this new tune.
I'd say thats alot of HP

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
you do realize those are e85 tunes not 93 pump gas tunes like apr offers.
also as i stated above apr has a new tune out for these cars and trap speeds are up closer to 130mph with this new tune.
I'd say thats alot of HP
Apr is still underpowered for what the turbo offers and idk if Apr still likes to blow up people's cars.

madelinot

Ready to race!
Apparently the APR EFR kit wastegate flapper needs to be modified with UM or Eurodyne tuning to go above 30psi. Can anyone shed some light on what needs to be done exactly?

Thanks!

madelinot

Ready to race!
I already did swap the actuator for the OEM one. That's not it. I have to modify the wastegate flapper somehow to give the actuator more leverage...

Anybody else?

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I already did swap the actuator for the OEM one. That's not it. I have to modify the wastegate flapper somehow to give the actuator more leverage...

Anybody else?
That's word for word what my local UM guy told me. All you do is swap it out and that's it according to him. He's done a couple before so idk what else is needed

pieguy

Ready to race!
Are we sure it's a wastegate flapper issue or an issue with the IS38 Mahle WG actuator? I still need to log my is20 wg actuator at 31 psi to see if it's an actuator issue or flapper issue. Damn rain and traffic :\