GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So About the MK8...

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Professionals in there 20's want the 3.
In my office the 20 something love Musk.
I like Konesegga. I think he is smarter and better business planner.
But can not afford his cars.

I'm 25, and I must admit that if I could afford a Tesla I would be driving one. Make the GTI my "beater" :)

I love Musk, but I hate how much he can't get out of his own way. I also don't like that he fires everyone.

He operates with the staunch belief that, if it doesn't violate laws of physics, it is possible. And when he makes ridiculous requests and people push back on him, he fires them.

The model Y announcement is a surefire sign that Tesla is in over its head. I am not too confident about Tesla's future.

Rockstar08

Ready to race!
I wouldn’t touch a Tesla now period! They haven’t been profitable and still have a huge cash flow problem. Now with all the federal tax incentives coming to end for all models for Tesla raises their prices! Also with Porsche, Audi and others getting ready to launch cars that will kill Tesla in looks and price anyone that hasn’t leased a Tesla is going to get killed in resale value!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I'm 25, and I must admit that if I could afford a Tesla I would be driving one. Make the GTI my "beater" :)

I love Musk, but I hate how much he can't get out of his own way. I also don't like that he fires everyone.

He operates with the staunch belief that, if it doesn't violate laws of physics, it is possible. And when he makes ridiculous requests and people push back on him, he fires them.

The model Y announcement is a surefire sign that Tesla is in over its head. I am not too confident about Tesla's future.

If the government and some private supporters were not floating him, he would be done now. Should have started like Henry Ford (make them all black - simple). Make a simple electric and make it good. Get interest, stability and customers and then expand.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Model X and Model 3 are -seriously- ugly cars. So is their newer lifted hatch model.

I love the model S but I'm pretty sure once the big car companies get their Electric divisions humming (get it :p) Tesla will fade from existence or get absorbed into VW or Toyota.

You can't trust a business run by a man who won't stop Tweeting no matter how many times he's snakebit by it.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
I considered a Tesla at one point, but lucky for me I did a lot of reading about the brand.
I don't see Tesla as a stand alone company with any future.
Musk seems to wake up some days and raise prices, on another day he lowers prices.
Then drops power trains, adds power plants.
Good luck to the early buyers hope you are able to have your cars serviced in the near and long term.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
If the government and some private supports were not floating him, he would be done now. Should have started like Henry Ford (make them all black - simple). Make a simple electric and make it good. Get interest, stability and customers and then expand.

That pretty much sums up Musk's endeavours.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I don't know how true this is but my VWdealer today told me the MK8 will be the last Golf !

The golf is VW’s bread and butter! It’s their flagship, no way on earth it would be the last one!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The golf is VW’s bread and butter! It’s their flagship, no way on earth it would be the last one!

Especially with other car companies like Ford eliminating passenger cars completely. VW will be what a lot of the Ford Focus and Fiesta buyers will turn to.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I don't know how true this is but my VWdealer today told me the MK8 will be the last Golf !

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
Model X and Model 3 are -seriously- ugly cars. So is their newer lifted hatch model.

I love the model S but I'm pretty sure once the big car companies get their Electric divisions humming (get it :p) Tesla will fade from existence or get absorbed into VW or Toyota.

You can't trust a business run by a man who won't stop Tweeting no matter how many times he's snakebit by it.

That's akin to saying Jennifer Lawrence is a -seriously- ugly woman. It may be your opinion, but most people would be like "wtf??"