GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
I would say if it has vw stamping and numbers on it then it's real, if not it's fake. What makes you think they're fake?

Thanks!

The seller from UK was selling on facebook and he sucks at responding, told me he shipped a month later and kept pushing off sending me tracking. Weeks later (after opening PayPal dispute), I finally get a tracking number and apparently he had only shipped it a few days ago. Just doesn't feel trustworthy so want to verify I actually get real ones. Supposed to come in Tuesday [emoji1693]

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie

Looks OEM. Can someone confirm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Googled 5g0945207g

Yep, looks like a OEM parts. It's also made in Poland with what looks like all the proper markings.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Here's a wallpaper for lovers of the tail design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL I had to look really closely. I thought it was my forum avatar/profile pic enlarged, but it's indeed a different shot

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

steinfeld

Passed Driver's Ed
Question: Do I have to reset my tail light OBD11 settings back to stock? I currently have hard brake, pacer indicator, and scandanavian DRL mods. Plus, where can I find the OBD11 intructions to code the euro lights?

kingkhan

Ready to race!
Question: Do I have to reset my tail light OBD11 settings back to stock? I currently have hard brake, pacer indicator, and scandanavian DRL mods. Plus, where can I find the OBD11 intructions to code the euro lights?
Ideally yes. There may have been changes made for those mods that may interfere with the coding for LED tails.

The coding is usually included with the harness that you purchased

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

ieddtech

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking for a 2018/19 update. The HARNESS...for adding LED Dynamic tail lights? DOES VW...manufacture this piece? All I see here is info for non-VW manufacturing of the harness. I'm sure they work and there's nothing wrong w/them...but if I CAN install an OE harness...I will. Is there an OEM part# for it?

kingkhan

Ready to race!
Looking for a 2018/19 update. The HARNESS...for adding LED Dynamic tail lights? DOES VW...manufacture this piece? All I see here is info for non-VW manufacturing of the harness. I'm sure they work and there's nothing wrong w/them...but if I CAN install an OE harness...I will. Is there an OEM part# for it?

There is no "official" harness from VW for this functionality.

The only way to get this to work from VW is the run all the wires from the tail lights to the BCM located at the front of the car. The reason for this is because the number of pins that we have in our NAR tail lights (at least pre facelift) are much lower than the amount from the European cars.

The harnesses that we are using allow us to remap the pins that are currently available to perform a subset of what the LED tails are capable of. If I understand it correctly, the subset of functionality allows us to use the basic tail light functions.

Other functionality and light patterns can only be achieved if you run all the required wires from the lights to the BCM and complete the coding.

ieddtech

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok. Wow. Your knowledge of this is WAY above mine. I'm just an enthusiast who happened to see Euro Dynamic tail lights and I want to replace the stock ones on my 7.5 GTI. I'm glad you told me about the fact that VW does not manufacture the harness. Why would they? These lights were not made for the NA market; if they were, vehicles would have come equipped w/them...not requiring...a harness. So, I've gone back up the page to the suggestions on where to buy them separately. I can get OEM tail lights relatively inexpensively. But all the suppliers make sure you know that you have to buy a harness AND reprogram the VCDS.

Thanks for the help.