GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Stuns gun ban in New York ruled unconstitutional by federal judge! And I didn't know about the other states mentioned in the article.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ederal-judge-shoots-down-nys-ban-on-stun-guns

Maybe someone can help explain the logic these states had in banning them in the first place? Many of these states are in the "nobody needs an assault rifle for self defense" camp, and here's a non-lethal option with 0 potential for use in a mass shooting and they ban it. Are they concerned people will be overeager to use it because they know it won't kill someone? I was unaware these were so widely banned.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
Most of the populace does not understand that you can't legislate evil out of society so every time there is an "incident" politicians want to enact new legislation to fix a problem it can't fix. The knee-jerk reaction is to appease the naïve public who wants to believe the gov'ment can protect us from evil. It's sad they can't figure it out.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^ true.

Laws, no matter how stringent, cannot and never will get rid of evil. We already have too many "shoot from the hip" laws and adjustments to try and "fix" whatever just happened, and they NEVER work.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
They used the excuse that no permit is required to own one and teens would buy them. Well, all they needed to do was require a permit since you need to be 21 for a handgun petmit if that was the real reason.

I just read where even Philadelphia allows stun guns now. Thought I'd never see that, but then again they issue carry permits as shall issue. Begrudgingly.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
They used the excuse that no permit is required to own one and teens would buy them. Well, all they needed to do was require a permit since you need to be 21 for a handgun petmit if that was the real reason.

I just read where even Philadelphia allows stun guns now. Thought I'd never see that, but then again they issue carry permits as shall issue. Begrudgingly.

Pretty sure living in Philly would be sufficient justification even if it wasn't shall issue.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Pretty sure living in Philly would be sufficient justification even if it wasn't shall issue.

I know all too well. Spent all my working life there. When I visited I would stay in the Northeast, supposedly the safest area if you call gang-infested safe. The best hotel in the area told everyone to check their vehicles because many were broken into the night before. Now we stay near the airport. I usually rented a full-size run-of-the-mill car. Since the last time I rent "premium" cars, something with a big V8. You need to be able to outrun the bad guys. Cheaper in the long run. I left about 13 years ago, when the gangs made their way to my development.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Adam at MAPerformance here. Admittedly a bit of a CZ fanboy, but I love most everything. Current favorites in the stable are CZ P-06 with some Cajun goodies. CZ 805 Bren S1 Carbine with a can on it, CZ 712 G2 shotgun, cut down, and extended. Many others in the safe but these are my go to. Just picked up the new Taurus TX22 to see how it works out as a trainer for some events, and courses. I'll try to grab pics off my phone and share.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Our local far-left news station said they allow the firing of multiple bullets with one pull of the trigger.

This reminds me of that russian guy who put two .45s together and you fired them both at the same time with a super wide trigger

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Ya'll

Looking at an EDC for my wife and her massive black hole of a purse. Hammerless revolvers.

Discuss