GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Max hp for gti on stock internals?

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
APR can tune any car now even the 2016's. There is a difference but the hardware is the exact same, so once you tune it there power difference literally doesn't matter.

Ahh, I just noticed on Vortex that they announced the new flash on Dec 8th.

Thanks for the heads up.

soto

Passed Driver's Ed
What’s the current limit, 3 years later ? Most people agree 400 wtq is the limit but horsepower? 500 whp?

Frognutz

Car(s)
MK 7 GTI 2.0
Does anyone know what the max horsepower would be while still keeping it pretty "reliable" I wanna push around 390- maybe 420hp. Im sitting at 330hp now. Im going to compression test and maybe boar scope my engine to find out how healthy it is. I cant break my daily 😅

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Does anyone know what the max horsepower would be while still keeping it pretty "reliable" I wanna push around 390- maybe 420hp. Im sitting at 330hp now. Im going to compression test and maybe boar scope my engine to find out how healthy it is. I cant break my daily 😅
It's irrelevant, even at stock power it's unreliable because the water pump randomly fails 😂

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Before I had my block built, I was at 528 whp and 434 wtq. Around 6 months later, the first thing that started to go were the piston rings in cylinders 1 & 4. Before it got to catastrophic levels, I built my block.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Before I had my block built, I was at 528 whp and 434 wtq. Around 6 months later, the first thing that started to go were the piston rings in cylinders 1 & 4. Before it got to catastrophic levels, I built my block.
At those power levels were you just doing highway pulls?

I'm assuming not track use where you're spending 12-15 minutes at WOT at a time?