GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best MK7.5 MT shift knobs (non BFI)

daisoma

Passed Driver's Ed
Love my custom SportShifters shifter. Was going to go with a BFI if I didn’t find out about this company
That's dope. But all the buttons seems off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Love my custom SportShifters shifter. Was going to go with a BFI if I didn’t find out about this company
Looks great, what did that run you?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
That's dope. But all the buttons seems off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks! The pic shown isn’t of my car. They sent me a few hi-resolution photos of it on their golf before sending it out. Making sure it fit right and such. Have to take some of it in my car. Just thought this pic looked really good.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Looks great, what did that run you?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It was around $340 If I can remember. It’s worth it for sure. Came with a shift knob, leather boot, and trim piece. All can be customized.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
It was around $340 If I can remember. It’s worth it for sure. Came with a shift knob, leather boot, and trim piece. All can be customized.

$340?!! Did it come with a free weekend in Vegas and a reach-around? Or is it forged from a single block of the finest Corinthian titanium, imported from the Maldives?

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
$340?!! Did it come with a free weekend in Vegas and a reach-around? Or is it forged from a single block of the finest Corinthian titanium, imported from the Maldives?

It wouldn't be much of a "free" weekend in Vegas for $340 lol.

My BFI knob + boot + extension + 6 speed pattern coin was $312.97 shipped.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd

Lol you get what you pay for. Although, the shift knob I was looking at getting from BFI is $154.99, then getting the 6-speed pattern coin was going to $9.99, loctite set screws $2.25, and shifter boot for $84.99. So that would have been around $252 bucks for a shift knob that wasn’t custom. Getting the shifter extension would be another $29.99 to add as well. Some of the options are optional, but that’s what I would have gone with. Definitely, worth it to me to pay the extra money

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
What is that knob made of? Metal? Some sort of composite? Weighted if not metal?

Not sure exactly what it is made of, but I think it’s made of aluminum. I went with the medium 250 grams weighted shift knob option.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Another vote for Raceseng. They have a lot of options and the custom colors are nice.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!

Euro Impulse. Doesnt bunch up the shift boot like all the other ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent them a message today. They're out of their black DSG ones I like. :( Curious if they're game for some 'minor' custom bits as well so we'll see.

I really don't want to shell out the change for a Sportshifter, but by and large so far not feeling the TFI or others. And for a nice full custom bit it's not that much more than a TFI with a boot. I do like TFI's boot, but it says only works with their knobs (accurate or not unknown).