GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Winter Tire Removal in PA

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
First time with my GTI in the winter and I'm itching to get these tires off and put my Indy's/Nogaro's back on. Central PA here and the weather has been a pile of shit so far this year up until now. Starting to warm up a bit and I'm thinking about doing the swap this weekend. Just curious when others in PA were swapping back to summer tires? Fully understand we might get a little more before spring actually decides to show up. Thanks

danvphotos

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in NJ, but it's typically around this time that I pull the snows off. I don't have my summer tires mounted yet so I'll still be running the snows for a bit, but usually I ditch the snows mid-March, first week of April at the latest.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I pulled my winters off. Back on all seasons till I can get summers mounted

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
If your Summer tires are not to be used in temps below 40 F (to prevent cracking from cold temps), then you need to determine if the weather is likely to cooperate.

AJK360

Passed Driver's Ed
i'm on the Eastern PA side and there are still some mornings that i'm starting the car at 30-35 degrees. I think 2nd week in April will be fine. At this point its basically only 2 more weeks so not too much longer to wait!

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
I spoke to General last week before I bought New Summer tires and the told me not to use tires below 45degF. I finally purchased the MAX RS today I did put my summer wheels with stock A/S almost bald tires this past weekend but anxious to pick up the summers this weekend and try and get them mounted next week some time but will watch weather for evenings to stop dropping below freezing.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Back when I lived in NJ, after the tax return deadline is when I would switch out my winter wheels. There has been rare instances of a blizzard in April over the past 10 years.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
FWIW, I just took off my winter tires/wheels and mounted a fresh set of PS4S's on my summer wheels last Thursday. Though I could have waited a week or two, Accuweather told me that the high temps were going to be pretty much in the 50-70 degree range for the early spring here in Philly, though I know that it's colder in Central PA. That said, My R was delivered with summer tires back at the start of February in 2015 and I managed to deal with them for a bit in the winter with only an abundance of slip on ice and snow--driving on the dry was doable, if a little harsh.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
FWIW, I just took off my winter tires/wheels and mounted a fresh set of PS4S's on my summer wheels last Thursday. Though I could have waited a week or two, Accuweather told me that the high temps were going to be pretty much in the 50-70 degree range for the early spring here in Philly, though I know that it's colder in Central PA. That said, My R was delivered with summer tires back at the start of February in 2015 and I managed to deal with them for a bit in the winter with only an abundance of slip on ice and snow--driving on the dry was doable, if a little harsh.
I couldn't take it anymore and swapped them last night. Supposed to warm up a bit with still colder temps at night. Fingers crossed spring is actually here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
cleaned up my summer wheels and got them ready for work today... i'd like to put them on this weekend!!

also... you guys hitting up any shows in the area this year? VAG Fair is in York, PA; Aug 3rd...