GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

6MT New Clutch at 17k review and story

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
Just an update on a answer I received from Clutch Masters:

Good Morning , the fx250 is a dual friction disc , one side is a full face organic other side is has 8 fiber tuff pucks , so the shuttery movement youre getting is completely normal

Andrew Castro Performance RepresentativeClutch MastersP:909.877.6800

Crackness1

Ready to race!
Crackness, who is this shop ? i come down to FL for some winter sun often, so could be tempted to pay him a visit.

LT Motorsports in Miami (close to Kendall). The same guy with the IS20 dsg 1/4 mile record :D

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
4400 miles

Well 4400 miles now and the clutch is working 95% smooth. I can barely notice any of that catchy feel anymore. I am completely happy so far with it. I still haven't found time to change out the clutch line and bleeder block but it is soon to come in the next few weeks. I did put my summer wheels back on this week but tires are almost bald and I just ordered 4 from tirerack today will pick them up in Delaware this weekend from the warehouse and save the TAX and get a $40 discount for picking them up. That's my update for now.

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
Over 10k now. Clutch soft as OEM but with no slipping what so ever. I finally got the clutch block and line in and wish I would have got it installed Sooner. Engagement is even now and it doesn't feel like it is catching up to where my foot thinks it should be.

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
Well I have clutch slip. I think I removed the delay valve too late. I have to learn to stop driving it so hard. And I admit I like to slip the clutch a little bit too much. Also do too much high speed down shifting on the highway. I have been thinking of the Spec 3+ as it's replacement but afraid of the loss of the daily drivability. My other option since I have a Sachs DMF is their all organic clutch kit. I absolutely want to keep the DMF. Anyone with feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
You are slipping the clutch to an extreme or really need a refresher course on how to drive a manual transmission. Without excessive abuse, burning the stock clutch that fast and an upgrade clutch in probably 12k is very very uncommon.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
What lb/ft is the clutch masters assembly rated for?

Otherwise I find rev matching relatively difficult in this car. Dropping from 5th to 3rd on the highway without some nice pedal work produces jarring results.

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
DietCokefriend. Maybe your are right maybe a refresher course is needed. I just get so excited every time behind the wheel I drive like I stole it... My wife says I need to calm down. I have had a few MT cars over my 25+ years of driving and never had to replace a clutch in any of them so ??.

JC I definitely drive with the radio too loud when driving on the highway which I find making the Rev matching a little more difficult. the FX 250 is rated at 110% over stock what ever that means.

I do(in my mind anyway) attribute the slow engagement of the clutch to part of the cause but by no means the root cause. Now that I am slipping a little I am trying to relax more and reprogram myself. But Left lane drivers on the NJTP Make me crazy.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
What lb/ft is the clutch masters assembly rated for?

Otherwise I find rev matching relatively difficult in this car. Dropping from 5th to 3rd on the highway without some nice pedal work produces jarring results.
I avoid dropping multiple gears at once. I'm not road racing so it's not necessary but when approaching an exit ramp I'll 5th-4th-3rd quickly to keep a frame of reference going and can match smoothly while losing speed.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I also have stopped attempting multiple gear rev matches. I just go in sequence since it's so much easier.

I've become curious if a pedal tuner makes rev matching easier.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk