GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NJ/NY Meets (On Going)

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
A group of us have been meeting in Central Jersey (Metuchen) for the past few months as it's been a central location. However we can also have meets in NYC or LI. We met in Oceanside, NY a few months back.

Our next meet is on 3/17 at the Metuchen Diner from 9am - 12pm.

This thread will be on going for other meets to Atco Dragway, Bear Mountain, LI, NYC, etc.

If you are interested let us know.

Here is link from Vwvortex where also. I'll try my best to update both threads with the next meet info.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9144353-Central-Jersey-meet-up&p=113146349#post113146349

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Pics from some of the previous meets:

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Just a quick bump for the meeting this Sunday at 9am. Location will be at the Metuchen Dinner. I want to say we have at least 5 confirmed so far. I'm thinking we will be there until 12pm for those that can't make it at 9am.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
might stop by. parking is limited there, don't you think?

Yeah and it’s our first time there so we will figure that out. We may be able to park at the strip mall across the street.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'll be in the area at the Salt Water Fishing Expo close by. It would be great to see some MK7s running around.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Nice turnout today. Here are some pics:

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Nice meeting everyone! Didn’t know it was an R meet :D ..kidding..

Nice meeting you too! Originally since this started out in the VWVortex Golf MK7 R forum this was a Golf R meet but has since expanded!

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Doh! Bummed I missed it. I'll try to be at the next one. Speaking of next one... when is the next one? :D

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Doh! Bummed I missed it. I'll try to be at the next one. Speaking of next one... when is the next one? :D

Lol, we haven't decided yet. I'm going to WITW so I'll be busy the second week in April.

I'm thinking we need another LI meet. Oceanside seemed to work fine.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Any bear mountain meets around?

Not yet but we do want to organize one towards the last two weeks of April. I'll update this thread once I get more info.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
It’s been a while...been busy because of WITW.

Anyway, we are meeting up for a Bear Mountain Run on 5/5. Details in the pic. We have a fair number of people going so far.

Not sure if I will do a separate thread for this but I’ll update with a suggested route later on.

Bring a 2 way radio for communications. It’s the best way to communicate while driving in a group.