GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD2 dead

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I had my original battery die and refuse to charge up at all overnight. I had to jump the car. I have JB4 constantly plugged into the port.

Car develops lighting malfunction error after getting new battery bigger better -interstate 48 AGM. Headlights are just on when the car is on, no control over them.

OBD2 port still provides info to my JB4 via the app but can't connect obd11 or vagcom to clear codes.

Also pulled first EPC light while cruising on highway but was able to clear it with JB4.

Had local guy check over fuses and nothing. But he was too busy to really dig into the car. Guy thought maybe JB4 backfed into the port when jumped. Thoughts?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I would have powered the car and set the JB4 to bypass before starting it or replacing the battery. And did you set the car's charging module to AGM?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Couldn't set it after new battery. Part of issue. Found the fuse though. The backwards facing 10 amp was blown and replaced

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
When you jumped the car did you connect the negative to the battery or the bayonet clamp on the bulkhead behind the battery?....

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, that fuse SC5 is for the OBD. Now that it is sorted, do go in and change battery type and Ah if changed, I like to put date in battery serial number field. I just did this on a BMW earlier this week, so much harder then on a VW.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
When you jumped the car did you connect the negative to the battery or the bayonet clamp on the bulkhead behind the battery?....

Just to the battery terminals

Yes, that fuse SC5 is for the OBD. Now that it is sorted, do go in and change battery type and Ah if changed, I like to put date in battery serial number field. I just did this on a BMW earlier this week, so much harder then on a VW.

Yes in canbus gateway (19) adaptions - battery adaption you can set the new battery info

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Even if you don't have stop/start (eco function)..its not advisable to do this on a modern car..too many electronics to FUBAR...

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Took the time to do that shortly after. So far no issues

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti