GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[FS] (Almost) Brand New Mk 7.5 Helix Headlight Reps

BrendanBurkeGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I purchased these and right when I installed them I got an offer from Osram for $500 off of their LED housings (I have a GTI Instagram account where I made a couple posts about them) that I really wanted but couldn’t justify for $1500. Now that those are 500 dollars less I really want to get those so I have been running the halogens ever since and the 7.5 Helix’s have been sitting in the packaging they came in.

I also have the morimoto d2s HID kit that can be used in these housings that I would like to sell with them because the Osram headlights I’m getting have all of the bulbs preinstalled and I would have no use for them.

They fit mk7 vehicles but have the 7.5 style. They have white DRL’s that turn amber and do dynamic sweeps when the turn signal is activated. This is the set with the red stripe.

These were ran for maybe 10 miles in my car and have the cutouts in the back for an HID kit. If you were to run halogen low beams instead you could reseal that hole easily. The site I purchased these from would not take them back because they are technically used now, so I am trying to sell them here hopefully not taking too bad of a hit.

PRICING:

Just Housings: 500 USD (OBO) + shipping (MSRP was 600+tax+shipping)

Housings and Morimoto Elite HID kit: 675 USD (OBO) + shipping (MSRP for the kit was 200+tax+shipping)

I can add pictures of my actual set if anyone is interested. Been kinda stressed about selling these for a while now. I can add some of the stock photos of them off of USP’s website for now.

Thanks for reading :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Did not realize the Osrams are that expensive. Wow.

BrendanBurkeGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Did not realize the Osrams are that expensive. Wow.

Yeah they are around 1400-1500 USD and you would have to get them shipped from Europe. They aren’t selling them in the US market yet because they need some certifications but told me that they would work fine on US spec vehicles.

BrendanBurkeGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
bump, I am somewhat flexible on price, I need to get rid of these so I can buy the osrams. These are great and the dynamic led turn signal using the DRL’s is awesome but when Osram offers me 500 off and free shipping for Europe it makes more sense to go with those for me.

BrendanBurkeGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I am tempted...

It would be great if you picked them up, I could finally take Osram up on their 500 off offer and get rid of my halogens :)

Also, I’m located in Sacramento. Due to some of your comments you seem to be from California somewhere so maybe we wouldn’t have to ship them.

Last edited:

Dad_wagon

It would be great if you picked them up, I could finally take Osram up on their 500 off offer and get rid of my halogens :)

Also, I’m located in Sacramento. Due to some of your comments you seem to be from California somewhere so maybe we wouldn’t have to ship them.

Dude, I am in Sacramento... I live in Orangevale to be exact but work at Sac State! Now I am REALLY tempted. I'm going to PM you...

BrendanBurkeGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Sharing with someone who is interested through the Facebook page.

-Martin

Thanks! I just noticed a couple water spots on the inside of one of the plastic covers. I’m going to try to get those out but I might not be able to. Helix says that is apparently normal on these and not covered by warranty but apparently it only happens once so not a huge deal. Just being fully transparent.

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
Thanks! I just noticed a couple water spots on the inside of one of the plastic covers. I’m going to try to get those out but I might not be able to. Helix says that is apparently normal on these and not covered by warranty but apparently it only happens once so not a huge deal. Just being fully transparent.

Ah that stinks :/

I remember reading about people using packets with pellets in the taillaights on an mkv. Maybe you can try something like that in the mean time.

I did find this thread, don’t know if it’s any helpful though

http://knowhow.napaonline.com/headlight-condensation-how-to-fix-foggy-night-vision/

-Martin

BrendanBurkeGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
This was in response to a Facebook page I recently started following. I don’t know him personally.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/262680844647247/

To be clear....I’m not really sure what he meant by not being able to get the app? Maybe he just didn’t want to download the Tapatalk app lol

-Martin

Yeah mine have the red line. Maybe you can get his number and PM it to me. I am in California but I’d try to make a deal with him.