GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Incentives 1/9/19-2/28/19

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
got it, thanks. So I can actually generate the most $$ from VW to the dealer (which may get passed on to me) by not taking the VW financing (paying cash or 3rd party financing) because the $3000 dealer cash is greater than any of the financing payments to dealer.

But I'm still puzzled by guys saying they got, for example, $5650, off the msrp of a 2019 AB. Assuming the dealer sells for invoice (36,506, DSG), assume $3000 dealer cash and $500 partner cash, that yields a discount off msrp of $4984. That leaves $666(!!) unaccounted for - are dealers really dipping that far into holdback (2% of msrp) this early in the model year? Or am I missing some other area of dealer profit or are my numbers otherwise off?

When all is said and done on mine, if memory serves (and it's not signed yet) I think mine is about $3500 off MSRP? And possibly another $500 from VW with the newest autoshow rebate they just put out if I read something right last week. The autoshow and military are $1k from VW so dealer doesn't care. Most of the rest is difference between their cost invoice and MSRP. There was another bit in there I'm forgetting.

All in all they claim they're taking a loss. They might not be, but from my own math estimates if they're not they aren't making much on it. So anyone getting $5k+ I say good on ya and/or found a high volume dealership willing to deal. And I've been sitting across from enough pressure sales baloney that while I'm not the savviest customer I can usually tell if they're trying to pull one over.