GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upstate Ny

draftgli

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Another Rochester guy here. Long time vwvortex member. Had been away from VW for many years, but recently acquired a 2017 gti sport.

For you WNY/CNY guys - have any of you had an aftermarket clutch install done? Are there any shops/mechanics you trust around here who aren’t charging an arm and a leg?

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Another Rochester guy here. Long time vwvortex member. Had been away from VW for many years, but recently acquired a 2017 gti sport.

For you WNY/CNY guys - have any of you had an aftermarket clutch install done? Are there any shops/mechanics you trust around here who aren’t charging an arm and a leg?

A Buffalo area 2017 Sport owner & autocrosser here. I bought mine new from Rochester & am still looking for a shop/mechanic that I can trust. I'm concerned about my clutch & am pretty resigned to having to replace it myself. Sorry for the lack of good news.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
A Buffalo area 2017 Sport owner & autocrosser here. I bought mine new from Rochester & am still looking for a shop/mechanic that I can trust. I'm concerned about my clutch & am pretty resigned to having to replace it myself. Sorry for the lack of good news.

for some reason, I am just moving more into the camp of doing all work myself since there is so much content now on youtube to show us how jobs get done.

draftgli

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

No worries. Nice to hear from someone local regardless.

I do have a local guy that I’ve been taking cars to for a couple years now. He’s been trust worthy, reliable, and reasonably priced. I might just take it to him - if I end up having to do it.

for some reason, I am just moving more into the camp of doing all work myself since there is so much content now on youtube to show us how jobs get done.

If I had a place to do it, and maybe a friend to help out...I’d consider it. But I live in a condo. No way I can do it here.

I suppose it doesn't count as upstate, but Hudson Valley here.

Depends who you ask. ;) Some people who live in NYC or LI think Westchester qualifies as upstate.