GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Condensation in light housing solutions?

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
Question, how do you guys deal with front light housing condensation...my mk7.5 is a month old and I have noticed condensation in the lower dtr led area it comes and goes.
Have Google it and ppl say it's normal to a point, so question is has anyone found a solution or do I live with it, my runs halogen low and high so heat takes care of it most of the time.
Just wondering if it can be resolved.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Normal per the owner's manual.

If there's a full on puddle inside the housing, I guess that's when it's a concern

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
You could try a desiccant (Silica Gel Moisture) pack placed where it will not catch on fire. You could also try a desiccant pack to dry out air inside and then remove pack after a couple days. Dry air can be cooled and then heated and there will be no moisture in air to separate from temperature change. Retrofit source sells packs as does your local store. https://www.theretrofitsource.com/silica-gel-moisture-packs-48944.html

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
I'd say this is pretty common as I have the same issue with my headlights. They tend to go away on their own. It does annoy me a little bit though seeing the condensation as there is much I can do about it.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
As said no solution as it is not a problem. Most HID's do it, my last 2 BMW's did it the Golf does, you just get used to it.

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
As said no solution as it is not a problem. Most HID's do it, my last 2 BMW's did it the Golf does, you just get used to it.
Yup that is about right ...it goes away fast enough and only does it after high pressure car wash.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk