GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me figure out this CarFax history?

deaddog

Passed Driver's Ed
In my search for a CPO, I came across this 2018 that is described as "Direct from VW of America" with the below CarFax entries. The six weeks of use and low miles seems weird to me. Anybody care to hazard a guess as to how it was used before it got from a Florida auction to the Minnesota dealer? Bashed around as a demo? Truly driven by an executive (in Florida?) Any chance its a goodwill buyback (which I think does not trigger branded title)?

++++++++++++++
10/25/2018 10 Michigan Motor Vehicle Dept. Auburn Hills, MI
Title #810G2980004 Title issued or updated First owner reported Titled or registered as personal lease vehicle

12/12/2018 889 Vehicle Manufacturer Florida Vehicle sold at auction

12/19/2018 893 Vehicle offered for sale
+++++++++++++

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Do you have a link to CarFax?

VAG headquarters is located at Auburn hills MI (a mile from my house) and its most likely driven by a VW executive / team before being shipped to an auction house.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Any VW employee can lease a (company) car by the way, not necessarily only executives.
It was most likely just a VW employee lease car, IMO.
Usually they're required to keep them a certain amount of time, but they are allowed to return them at any time but that makes them ineligible for another car for like a year or so.
So who knows why they got rid of it early.

deaddog

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks guys for the feedback. I guess there is no way to really determine why a VW employee would get out of a car so quickly. While there may be reasons unrelated to the car's performance, I think its reasonably likely that there were issues with the car. I'm really to take that risk for a substantial discount but I'm only seeing about 10% - and for that I think I'll go new.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
For only a 10% discount on a used GTI why not go with a new one?
There are some good deals right now on new 2018 GTIs.
I'm having trouble selling my 2018 Audi A5 with an asking price
way less than 10% off sticker and probably less miles.