GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Two fold question

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Hey everyone

First of all, merry early Christmas!

Main question though is my GF wants to get a Golf R this year, trade her tsi in to boot (which she got in July).

How much is required to put down to get the one she wants (she wants the turquoise and dsg) and what would we expect in a possible trade in?

Thanks in advanced

Rogue

Centerman66

Passed Driver's Ed
Way too little info.

On acquisition - if credit is very good and income sufficiently high you don't have to put anything down.

On sale - model. Trim. Mileage. Year. Condition. At a minimum.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Way too little info.

On acquisition - if credit is very good and income sufficiently high you don't have to put anything down.

On sale - model. Trim. Mileage. Year. Condition. At a minimum.

Well, since I'd co-sign, we'd be set. Again, she had an '18 tsi, mods below and as for the R, any idea how long it'd take to build and arrive based on the spectrum color?

cb1111

Well, since I'd co-sign, we'd be set. Again, she had an '18 tsi, mods below and as for the R, any idea how long it'd take to build and arrive based on the spectrum color?
Never, ever, co-sign for anyone.

There is a reason that somebody needs a co-signer - and that reason isn't good.

If you want, then buy the car for yourself and let her drive it. Keep it in your name and make an agreement with her that it will be put in her name once she's paid it off.

Aside from that, saying she has a 18 tsi means nothing. tsi is an engine, not a model, but subtract about $5k for the mods. Some are illegal and must be reverted to stock and the others will just reduce the value. It is unlikely that a VW dealer will touch a TD1'd car.

Centerman66

Passed Driver's Ed
Never, ever, co-sign for anyone.

There is a reason that somebody needs a co-signer - and that reason isn't good.

If you want, then buy the car for yourself and let her drive it. Keep it in your name and make an agreement with her that it will be put in her name once she's paid it off.

Aside from that, saying she has a 18 tsi means nothing. tsi is an engine, not a model, but subtract about $5k for the mods. Some are illegal and must be reverted to stock and the others will just reduce the value. It is unlikely that a VW dealer will touch a TD1'd car.
Additionally having a co-signer could be great or not worth much. Depends on the credit and income strength of the co-signer.

I agree. Never co-sign for anyone.....for the most part.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
trade her tsi in to boot (which she got in July).

since I'd co-sign,

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
does she need a co-signer? If so she can't afford an R. She may want one and they will sell her one but...........

How old is she? sometimes (often) you should wait till you are older to have a nice car.

Not necessarily Fed's age

;)

Mud

Subito

Ready to race!
She'll lose a fortune on the Golf 1.8 TSI, but if she's rich that may not matter. But she needs a co-signer on the Golf R purchase, so she doesn't appear to be rich. Not looking like a good situation...

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Trading in a 6 month old car to buy one that costs twice as much and requires a co-signer? This just sounds like a bunch of terrible decisions rolled into one.