GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shop recommendation in DFW (replace clutch)

Neilsdeal

Ready to race!
Blair’s Automotive in Carrollton. Extremely nice place with high quality techs; it’s also the location of BMP Tuning if you happen to need any aftermarket parts.

imtimmy

Ready to race!
Dubsquarred in Arlington did mine a few weeks ago, great price, great shop.

FactoryR

Ready to race!
Dubsquarred in Arlington did mine a few weeks ago, great price, great shop.

May I ask what they charged? Did you go with aftermarket clutch and if so, which one? Also, I plan to keep my R (16') and may eventually do stage 1 down the line. As you know, the stock clutch is trash. I have 40k on mine, don't drive it that hard with any regularity and it's already slipping. I've heard of people using the TTRS clutch in our cars, but also trying to educate myself to make the best decision.

imtimmy

Ready to race!
May I ask what they charged? Did you go with aftermarket clutch and if so, which one? Also, I plan to keep my R (16') and may eventually do stage 1 down the line. As you know, the stock clutch is trash. I have 40k on mine, don't drive it that hard with any regularity and it's already slipping. I've heard of people using the TTRS clutch in our cars, but also trying to educate myself to make the best decision.

I went with Southbend Stage 2 endurance, only paid 1200 for it new from THMotorsports, rated to hold 450-500 torques. The pedal and shifter feel is close to stock but imo feels a bit better. You do hear the single flywheel on idle and lift off but for me I like the more mechanical feel and sound. I also did a resonator delete at the same time and for me these 2 things give the car a much needed pulse. I message you the price of the clutch install.