GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Head Unit - PX5 MTCD unit

NellyGTI

Ready to race!
@NellyGTI, @hal: I've recently installed Dasaita unit. I've got nice improvement: microphone.

Nice, any issue with echoing? The big complaint with many of these units is the call recipient would hear an echo. I just started using speaker phone on my cell phone.

condi

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice, any issue with echoing? The big complaint with many of these units is the call recipient would hear an echo. I just started using speaker phone on my cell phone.
unfortunately during the conversation I can not hear myself [emoji26][emoji38][emoji6][emoji6], but so far call voice quality ok, no one complained about it.

It's a microphone which is dedicated to Bluetooth kits from Dension / Fiscon, which costs almost the same as our Android head units lol [emoji16]

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

condi

Passed Driver's Ed
Doesn't the Dasaita connect with the factory mic? or is this just a better one? I'm thinking about jumping on the new unit s http://www.hot-audio.com/product/Oc...h_10_2"_HD_Digital_Touch_Screen-314.html#ptop
Nope, no factory mic connection.
Package includes this one:

Raoulvm

Hi everyone,
After reading this forum I decided to buy the "Dasaita 10.2 "Android 8.0 with Octa core 4 gb + 32 gb" for €341,- on AliExpress.

I've only had the pleasure to play with it for roughly 2 hours but this is what I've noted down so far:

- For installation I recommend watching and using the "Alpine X901D-G7 for Golf 7 installation" video on YouTube. Gives a perfect view on how to work the cables.
- having connected my OBD11, it won't give a 'scan' option, so the app is useless... I'm going to contact OBD soon.
- In my box there was already an "Dual Amplified antenna adapter", so no need to order one.
- I orderd the "Factory GPS Converter (FAKRA to SMA)" also via AliExpress, you can ask the retailer to make the cable as long as you want. Default is 15cm, I ordered a 1meter cable. Sellers name: LiiUoDo Official Store.
- The sound quality is amazing, way way better then my original MIB 1

There are 5 things which don't really work yet and I've requested help from the seller and received their response.
1: the 'steering wheel buttons' only show reset/save. I can't seem the program them the same as the movie in the above video.
Their response: no you can't change it, it works on CANBUS and should work fine...
2: the MFD does not show my phone is connected or current music I'm playing. I hope it's possible to get this connected, or I will be disappointed...
3: I connected once with my OBD11. A few days later, and having it removed from my car, if will still show this in my screen as connected. Not sure how to get rit of this.
Their response: change the name on devices.
4: Upon first installation I connected the Dasaita to my OnePlus's Hotspot. Now it will not allow me to connect to a different WiFi station. Which is very annoying.
Their response: delete current wifi station you use...
5: didn't ask this but I wasn't able to get "EasyCon" (which is AndroidCar?!) going. I'm hoping I need to use the other USB connector. I'm using the double one now, maybe I need to use the single one?!

More to come!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

condi

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow thanks for the information... Did you (Condi) go with this head unit or the newer one? Which model is for the MK7?

I've bought px5 with 4gb ram. Latest one available.

2: the MFD does not show my phone is connected or current music I'm playing. I hope it's possible to get this connected, or I will be disappointed...

It won't display music or phone on MFD.
You have to remove infotainment 5F in OBD11/VCDS in gateway installation list, to remove many errors in controllers. And you should disable phone menu in MFD - instruments/cluster controller - now when green button on steering wheel is pushed it will run on Android unit but also change menu to phone on MFD. Uncomfortable.

condi

Passed Driver's Ed
Today arrived compatible "one-connector" DVB-T tuner (use via touch screen, not remote control), and dab+ tuner.

I'm waiting for radio splitter to FM+dab output connectors, to try to use internal stock VW antenna.

Will keep you informed.

Raoulvm

Hi everyone,

- In my box there was already an "Dual Amplified antenna adapter", so no need to order one.
It was unclear to me that you need a AM/FM connector which is stuck to eachother, as they don't fit if they are seperate cable's. So will have to order a new one or gamble which one is FM (as i don't need AM)
- I orderd the "Factory GPS Converter (FAKRA to SMA)" also via AliExpress, you can ask the retailer to make the cable as long as you want. Default is 15cm, I ordered a 1meter cable. Sellers name: LiiUoDo Official Store.
Right, so apprently the connector I have isn't the right one.. I can't seem to figure out why. Does anyone have picture's of how it should looklike?

There are 5 things which don't really work yet and I've requested help from the seller and received their response.
1: the 'steering wheel buttons' only show reset/save. I can't seem the program them the same as the movie in the above video.
Their response: no you can't change it, it works on CANBUS and should work fine...
So everything works fine, accept the 'voice activation' button will mute the sound.
So, I have to re-connect my old MIB1 to get into it with OBD11
3: I connected once with my OBD11. A few days later, and having it removed from my car, if will still show this in my screen as connected. Not sure how to get rit of this.
Their response: change the name on devices.
You can't remove bluetooth devices in the settings-bluetooth part, but you have to go to phone-book app, devices and remove it.
4: Upon first installation I connected the Dasaita to my OnePlus's Hotspot. Now it will not allow me to connect to a different WiFi station. Which is very annoying.
Their response: delete current wifi station you use...
Apparently the antenna for WiFi doesn't reach further then 1 meter from the device... really sucks; We don't have unlimited data here, so would like to download stuff with home wifi...
5: didn't ask this but I wasn't able to get "EasyCon" (which is AndroidCar?!) going. I'm hoping I need to use the other USB connector. I'm using the double one now, maybe I need to use the single one?!
No joy so far, anyone has an idea? Only got 'AppleTV' option to work, which is useless as it is one-way traffic.

It won't display music or phone on MFD.
You have to remove infotainment 5F in OBD11/VCDS in gateway installation list, to remove many errors in controllers. And you should disable phone menu in MFD - instruments/cluster controller - now when green button on steering wheel is pushed it will run on Android unit but also change menu to phone on MFD. Uncomfortable.

Thank you for this. I looked on the OBD11, but can't find where to turn this off as I removed my MIB main unit; I'll have to reconnect it to get into the menu on OBD. However, could you be more specific on where these settings are?
Would be great to remove audio/phone/nav as they don't work anymore.

Edit: The delivered microphone (cable) is way to short if you want to reach the roof of your car (like me)

Last edited:

condi

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for this. I looked on the OBD11, but can't find where to turn this off as I removed my MIB main unit; I'll have to reconnect it to get into the menu on OBD. However, could you be more specific on where these settings are?
Would be great to remove audio/phone/nav as they don't work anymore.

Edit: The delivered microphone (cable) is way to short if you want to reach the roof of your car (like me)

Untick 5F intotainment like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6i9PiLmyM8

And you have to code Instruments to disable phone/nav/audio menu.
You need to buy new microphone, if you want to use it like stock.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I was gonna buy the Dasaita Octa Core PX5 with the 4gb of ram but happened upon this one - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4G-...Recorder-For-Volkswagen-Golf/32848298074.html

Looks like essentially the same specs except a slightly newer amplifier chip (which XDA says is a good one), no need for radio or GPS adapters (both are FAKRA) and almost $100 cheaper. Am I missing something?

This unit has been talked about on page 5 of this thread.. It looks pretty good.. I'm just debating weather or not to go this route.. I was looking to go to the digital display and would loose some of the functionality of this head unit with the MDF, But I don't really initiate phone calls from the unit, but seeing the GPS on that LCD is pretty amazing.. I wish you could mirror waze to the digital cluster. I'm really a heavy Waze user so not having a factory GPS wouldn't kill me.

jaxwithanx

This unit has been talked about on page 5 of this thread.. It looks pretty good.. I'm just debating weather or not to go this route.. I was looking to go to the digital display and would loose some of the functionality of this head unit with the MDF, But I don't really initiate phone calls from the unit, but seeing the GPS on that LCD is pretty amazing.. I wish you could mirror waze to the digital cluster. I'm really a heavy Waze user so not having a factory GPS wouldn't kill me.

No, unless I'm missing something, the Belsee was talked about on page 5 and it does include the newer amplifier chip. But the connections on the back would still need the adapters as they are not FAKRA. I just ordered the Coika from AliExpress. $304 total shipped so we'll see....in like a month....