GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R 7.5 TCU Tune

pieguy

Ready to race!
Should ecu and tcu tunes always come from the same brand, as a general rule? I've always assumed yes.

Nah definitely not required. People who use COBB often go to APR or ED for their DSG since their DSG tune still isn't released.

ashmostro

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed and tested uni's tcu tune. Unfortunately, it doesn't cure the issue (I am stg 1+ ecu and stg 1 tcu).

I also don't think uni's stg1+ ecu tune is all that smooth. Very under impressed.

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Interesting. I'll report the drivability feedback of the ED TCU tune when I get it (hopefully by next week).

I have a trip to New Mexico coming up and will most likely drive (from Denver). This would be a good time to test its street manners and shifting behavior once in the canyons.

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Just installed and tested uni's tcu tune. Unfortunately, it doesn't cure the issue (I am stg 1+ ecu and stg 1 tcu).

I also don't think uni's stg1+ ecu tune is all that smooth. Very under impressed.

Try Eurodyne's stage 1+ or Stage 2 tunes. I'm on there Stage 2 93 octane map at 25 PSI and its simply outstanding. I live in Colorado at 5300ft and we only get 91 (good quality though). There 93 file works great up here (as timing is typically advanced anyways due to a lack of atmospheric pressure....which jives well with the increase in timing from the 93 file.

ashmostro

Passed Driver's Ed
Try Eurodyne's stage 1+ or Stage 2 tunes. I'm on there Stage 2 93 octane map at 25 PSI and its simply outstanding. I live in Colorado at 5300ft and we only get 91 (good quality though). There 93 file works great up here (as timing is typically advanced anyways due to a lack of atmospheric pressure....which jives well with the increase in timing from the 93 file.

Is tuning/detuning at home an option with them? I chose Uni over APR primary for this reason.

Thanks!

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Is tuning/detuning at home an option with them? I chose Uni over APR primary for this reason.

Thanks!

Yes. I flashed in my garage and it takes about 10 minutes. In addition to the convenience of at home flashing, Eurodyne also supports custom tuning with Maestro. In addition to that, there off the shelf tunes are configurable for octane and boost pressure. In addition to that, updates are free and when you purchase a map or "stage", all other stages are available. For example, I can flash the vehicle to Stage 1, 1+ or stage 2 at no additional cost.

One more thing. When sending Eurodyne an email, they respond rather promptly. The contents of that reply may differ based on the question or questions asked but the response is never the less, expedient.