GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Partial "U" in double "U" daytime running lights?

caseywise

Hi guys, been watching the forum for a while, just now posting for my first time.

I looked through existing issues and didn't see mention of this issue.

I pulled up behind a shiny black pickup truck this weekend and saw the reflection of my daytime running lights, and I'm not seeing consistent brightness through the double "U" pattern. This may be tough to see in the picture, very apparent to the naked eye, but should all of the DRL's be the same brightness or does this look correct to you?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Normal, they are set at slightly different angles and reflections highlight it. Move from one side to the other and they will change brightness slightly. Same with the high level rear brake light but at more extreme angles.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I agree with the above posts, if you look at them at specific angles they don't look perfectly consistent. But if you look at them head-on at their level they are seamless and evenly lit. If they still don't look correct then take it to the dealer and see what they think. Sometimes it looks like my inner Us are not as bright as the outers when I see in the reflection of a car in front of me but its just the angle of everything.