GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DAB intermittent signal

sturge

Hi, recently got a brand new Golf MkVII, Match edition which includes the DAB radio.

Since getting the car, I've had continuous issues with the DAB radio. I get intermittent reception with the radio going silent for periods of time, before switching to the FM frequency (as part of the auto switching), then going quiet again when it tries DAB. Sometimes it isn't a problem, particularly if I've already driven it that day and just stopped for 5/10 mins. Other times its a problem from start up to finish.

I live in Birmingham and my previous Polo also had DAB and never had any problems.

Is this just signal related or an issue with the car? Any one else with similar problems?

mensaman

Ready to race!
We don't use DAB in the states, but instead HD Radio so it might be diferent, but the antenna in my mk7 is total shit. If I actually pick up a station it has no problems seamlessly switching from HD to analog though.

Kevmoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting Sturge, as my DAB reception is intermittent. I just put it down to being in the sticks but don't have any issues with reception in Birmingham. Maybe a trip back to the dealer to have it looked at? Sorry it's not the answer your looking for.