GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DAB Radio logo

lolling123

Anyone know how to get the DAB logo uploaded?
I tried to put jpg onto SD card but I think the format was incorrect.
No documentation or help seems to be readily available.
I wouldn't have even cared about this but for the gaping empty box on the display.

Cheers in advance.

lolling123

I found the answer in the manual and am posting here in case anyone else needs to know. answer is 400x240 pixels (jpg,bmp or png). Alas a search for the "volkswagen station logos website" is less successful.

MK7STE

Hi,

I put together some logos for the BBC DAB Stations, see attached zip.

Cheers.

(two files due size limits of forum)

Attachments

• dab1.zip
    89.3 KB · Views: 9,305
  • dab2.zip
    90.5 KB · Views: 5,946

redfred

Go to getdigitalradio.com right click on the logos you require and " save picture as" to a folder then transfer them to your sdhc card they are alreadt the right file size so you don't need to alter anything then just install as described on page 20 of your media book . Just finished doing mine it works a treat

haydnw

My German's a bit rusty, but this seems to be the VW link to station logo downloads:
http://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/golf_7/brochure/senderlogos.html

Confusingly, their PNG files are only 160px x 120px; although the manual does say that images up to 400px x 240px can be used so they may just be resized to 160px x 120px internally.

FWIW, I've tried PNG and JPG at 400px x 240px and neither have worked. However, JPGs at 393px square did work.

It seems you can delete the files off your SD card once you've set the station logos - my Golf 'remembered' the logos even without the SD card in the slot.

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
Go to getdigitalradio.com right click on the logos you require and " save picture as" to a folder then transfer them to your sdhc card they are alreadt the right file size so you don't need to alter anything then just install as described on page 20 of your media book . Just finished doing mine it works a treat

Thanks, that method worked perfectly for me, no image resizing needed :)

Boggle

Although the units will accept most sizes of logo and 'fit' them to the buttons, I thought I'd share my collection of logos for anyone looking for some that match the exact specs needed in terms of size & transparency (transparent background gives a much nicer look on the on-screen buttons). Mainly national and a few Midlands based stations (as these are the one I get in my area)....

Attachments

• DAB Logos 200x120 Trans - Part 1.zip
    89.3 KB · Views: 11,089
  • DAB Logos 200x120 Trans - Part 2.zip
    82.1 KB · Views: 7,441
  • DAB Logos 200x120 Trans - Part 3.zip
    95.2 KB · Views: 6,548
  • DAB Logos 200x120 Trans - Part 4.zip
    91.5 KB · Views: 6,380
  • DAB Logos 200x120 Trans - Part 5.zip
    94.5 KB · Views: 6,325
  • DAB Logos 200x120 Trans - Part 6.zip
    47 KB · Views: 6,801

allyadam

Great post boggle - some of the best logos I've seen.. i live in Scotland so wanted to add a few more stations, can you tell me how you made those logos so i can match the transparent right sized effect.. Many thanks

Boggle

Great post boggle - some of the best logos I've seen.. i live in Scotland so wanted to add a few more stations, can you tell me how you made those logos so i can match the transparent right sized effect.. Many thanks

I used Photoshop, but you could use any app that's capable of editing and saving png format files with transparency. Main thing is to have a canvas that's 200x120 pixels as this is the exact size required for the buttons (other sizes will work but they'll get distorted to fit). Ideally, you want to look for original logos with transparency (PNG's, not JPG's) but if you can't find them, you can use Photoshop etc. to erase the background colour). Finally, re-size the logo to fit on the canvas but be sure to maintain (or lock) the aspect ratio so it doesn't get distorted/stretched.

Hope that helps!

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Do I have to unzip the file and put all the logos onto my card or will the car unzip the file ?

I can't remember as the stick is in the car, however whilst you are on the PC and able to unzip it there and then, that would be the way to go, rather than expect it to happen in the car, which it may do, but more likely not.