GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

Frank416821

Passed Driver's Ed
You don't actually have to remove the bumper, you can access the bolt behind the bumper cover by pulling the bumper off the fender mount. Then, the headlight just comes out at a slight angle.

I saw that method too but I would worried about the plastic being brittle because it was only ten degrees when I changed the bulb. I will see how long these bulbs will last and will try that next time when its warmer out.

Minska

Car(s)
a
There's a dead mosquito in my reverse light

dsgvw

Ready to race!
There's a dead mosquito in my reverse light

Used to have a couple spiders in my MK6 inside lenses - just remove the whole assembly and you can either shake it out or use a vacuum/compressed air. There is room for then to get in.. so there is room to shake them out.

sectachrome

Passed Driver's Ed
New annoyance now that I have bright silver wheels: brake dust. Had them on for 3 days, barely drove the car, and they're already filthy. Yikes. At least the new ones will be easier to clean. Now that I think about it its probably been over 10 years since I had a car with wheels that weren't some shade of grey so maybe I just haven't noticed it.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
New annoyance now that I have bright silver wheels: brake dust. Had them on for 3 days, barely drove the car, and they're already filthy. Yikes. At least the new ones will be easier to clean. Now that I think about it its probably been over 10 years since I had a car with wheels that weren't some shade of grey so maybe I just haven't noticed it.

You could get the wheels ceramic coated so the stuff doesn't stick as much in the first place, and comes off more easily. You can also get pads that aren't made of a metallic compound.

sectachrome

Passed Driver's Ed
You could get the wheels ceramic coated so the stuff doesn't stick as much in the first place, and comes off more easily. You can also get pads that aren't made of a metallic compound.

Fortunately I did coat the wheels before putting them on. Doubt I'll go through the trouble of changing the pads unless it really bothers me though.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Fortunately I did coat the wheels before putting them on. Doubt I'll go through the trouble of changing the pads unless it really bothers me though.

I just imagine my OEM wheels (Nogaro) are actually bronze haha

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

thrillho

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE DSG
Bought the car last Nov, 2018 and after 5k miles, my GTI is developing a rattle/sqeak I think is coming from the passenger's b pillar every time I drive over uneven roads. My rear passenger speaker seems to vibrate the door panel when the bass gets loud. First German car and the brake dust is crazy compared to my previous Civic. Debating if I should take it to the dealer to deal with those rattles.

KRWLR

Bought the car last Nov, 2018 and after 5k miles, my GTI is developing a rattle/sqeak I think is coming from the passenger's b pillar every time I drive over uneven roads. My rear passenger speaker seems to vibrate the door panel when the bass gets loud. First German car and the brake dust is crazy compared to my previous Civic. Debating if I should take it to the dealer to deal with those rattles.

What trim is your car? If it’s an Autobahn it has the same brakes as the R and they are super dusty. Its just the way they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
My biggest gripe is the lack of grip, brought on by my general cheapness for not springing for the PP.

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
First German car and the brake dust is crazy compared to my previous Civic.

I put ATE low-dust ceramic pads on my R and it cut back the brake dust by at least 75%. They aren't a performance pad and the initial bite is a bit less, but still plenty of stopping power for my low stress usage (way too many speed cameras on the roads in my area to really open it up, and I'm not a trackday person).

thrillho

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE DSG
What trim is your car? If it’s an Autobahn it has the same brakes as the R and they are super dusty. Its just the way they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's an SE which has the bigger brakes. I use it as a DD and the bay area traffic is pretty bad so I'm constantly braking. Every friday, the front wheels become bronze lol