GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some SUPER good StopTech deals...if you aren't picky about the color

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My ST40 kit showed up today! They originally said 3+ weeks but it literally shipped the day after I received that notification. They shipped to my work and arrived after I left so I look forward to opening them up tomorrow!

Please post up your impressions when you do open them up, this thread has convinced me to pull the trigger now I’m just torn between ST41 328mm and ST40 355mm.

Cheaper consumables vs higher thermal capacity is a tough call, I just don’t wanna clear my schedule to attend a HPDE then leave early or disappointed because my brakes weren’t up to it.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Please post up your impressions when you do open them up, this thread has convinced me to pull the trigger now I’m just torn between ST41 328mm and ST40 355mm.

Cheaper consumables vs higher thermal capacity is a tough call, I just don’t wanna clear my schedule to attend a HPDE then leave early or disappointed because my brakes weren’t up to it.

I was torn with this decision as well. At the end of the day, couldn't imagine getting the ST41 and regretting it when the ST40 was only $500 more as opposed to usually being $1200 more. Probably overkill for a DD, but kind of like getting a huge ic before turbo upgrade, just planning for potential future use.

Unfortunately couldn't find a comparison of the 2 kits to make a more educated decision.

Just curious, how much more are the pads and rotors on the st40 vs st41?

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I was torn with this decision as well. At the end of the day, couldn't imagine getting the ST41 and regretting it when the ST40 was only $500 more as opposed to usually being $1200 more. Probably overkill for a DD, but kind of like getting a huge ic before turbo upgrade, just planning for potential future use.

Unfortunately couldn't find a comparison of the 2 kits to make a more educated decision.

Just curious, how much more are the pads and rotors on the st40 vs st41?
Zekhausen.com .........

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Zekhausen.com .........

Thanks, so really not much difference.

Stoptech 309 pads $80 vs $72
Stoptech rotors $345 vs $315

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
St40 to ST60 is about $100 and you don't get that much more braking surface. The $300 savings + $100 per pad swap would add up quick.

Sorry, I was responding to GTI Jake because he brought up difference in price of consumables between ST41 & ST40.

CGarcia

Passed Driver's Ed
I just ordered the 82.895.5N00.81 for a whopping $770 shipped. Does anybody know if the st-41 with 328mm rotors will fit under the Austins without spacers?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I know you were. I was just listing it for others if no one else knew about zekhausen and their amazing website.

I gotcha. Yes, very nice site. I WAS thanking you for that, but the other post as far as consumable pricing, was responding to GTI Jake.

Guess I shouldn't have been lazy and just done a multi quote :D

As an aside, is anyone changing rear pads or rotors and if so, to what? Not sure if GTI'S have 272mm rear or not. I know the rears don't do much, but don't want a complete imbalance.

Thinking to leave rotors as they are fine and just change to Stoptech 309 pads.

Last edited:

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I gotcha. Yes, very nice site. I WAS thanking you for that, but the other post as far as consumable pricing, was responding to GTI Jake.

As an aside, is anyone changing rear pads or rotors and if so, to what? Not sure if GTI'S have 272mm rear or not. I know the rears don't do much, but don't want a complete imbalance.

Thinking to have rotors as they are fine and just change to Stoptech 309 pads.
Use a brake bias calculator. For example if I were to run the golf st40 kit I would need hawk dtc-60 up front and oem pads in the rear to keep the brake balance from stock. It's fun math to play with hoping your assumptions are correct

tWat

Ready to race!

Thinking to leave rotors as they are fine and just change to Stoptech 309 pads.

I'm upgrading to PP rear brakes with slotted Stoptech rotors and some Raybestos ST43 pads.