GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wind deflectors

mattywalker3

Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI
Been looking at getting some wind deflectors for my 2018 GTI, team heko seem to be the biggest most raved about brand and my friend has them fitted on his 2014 golf 2.0D GT but when his wing mirrors fold in they scrape against the wind deflectors! Anyone else experienced this and does anyone know of any wind deflectors that don’t do this for the golf?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Been looking at getting some wind deflectors for my 2018 GTI, team heko seem to be the biggest most raved about brand and my friend has them fitted on his 2014 golf 2.0D GT but when his wing mirrors fold in they scrape against the wind deflectors! Anyone else experienced this and does anyone know of any wind deflectors that don’t do this for the golf?

I've heard good things about Weathertech, but they're a bit on the pricey side. Suppose you get what you pay for.

overmonk

Passed Driver's Ed
I've heard good things about Weathertech, but they're a bit on the pricey side. Suppose you get what you pay for.

I have the weathertech 4 door wind deflectors, but I don't have the power folding mirrors. I'll manually fold them at lunch and take a photo but I'm reasonably certain they will clear.

They were pretty easy to install in the front, but the rears rely on an adhesive strip that has not been as good as one would hope. Wind noise/buffeting with the windows cracked is all but non-existent.

They are also somewhat of a spider haven.

Overall I'm pretty happy with them.

EDIT: I didn't take pictures, but the driver's side mirror -almost- clears the deflector when folded and the passenger side mirror will definitely come into contact. Not even close.

Last edited:

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon

OEM and Climair were the two names to come up other than Heko.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Do the Weathertech deflectors prevent rainwater from the roof from dribbling into the door when the window is down? Imagine being in a drive-thru in light rain with water rolling off the roof. That's the scenario I'm curious to know if Weathertech works against. I suspect they will also prevent wiper fluid from rolling in, too, I hope. Thanks!

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I tried the cheapo one sold on Amazon which appears to be the same as Team Heko? The visor did not follow the front door frame along the a-pillar side in parallel, so I ended up returning it.

And no, if you have the window completely rolled down, water will drip onto the door. It's only good for cracking the window open for fresh air while driving in the rain.. or while parked if you don't mind spiders getting inside your car..

Honestly the WeatherTech one looks like crap to me as it reminds me of window visors they use on restaurant windows and coffee shops. VW needs to make a better looking one like how they have on J-cars. Subaru and Honda have very cool visors that flow with the shape of the doors.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
I have team heko ones and absolutely love the look of them. The power folding mirrors do actually "rub". By that it just touches but i've been using them daily for like 6 months and there's no damage or permanent marks on either the mirror or the visor.

Didn't get OEM or weather tech because they looked too curvy.

Do the Weathertech deflectors prevent rainwater from the roof from dribbling into the door when the window is down? Imagine being in a drive-thru in light rain with water rolling off the roof. That's the scenario I'm curious to know if Weathertech works against. I suspect they will also prevent wiper fluid from rolling in, too, I hope. Thanks!

That's exactly why i bought them. Drove me nuts having dripping water in when the window is cracked. They should all stop that.